You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTGWT-2915 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hoitsce-5 is on a distinguished road

Default Date Picker Short Name

Date Picker Short Name

Hi everybody,

I am working on a big application which will use GXT. l do not know how to change/customize the month name (eg. December to Dec, use short name) in datepicker.

Anyone can help me to handle such issue. Thanks

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

By default GXT uses the GWT localization and the names that are shipped with GWT.

I guess you are talking about the month name that is visible at the top: http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:datepicker

The problem is that this text is set in a private method in the DatePicker class. In the update method, the last line is setting this:
    Code:
     String t = constants.monthsFullStandalone()[month] + " " + activeDate.getFullYear();

appearance.onMonthButtonTextChange(getElement(), t);
    To customize this, you will need to adjust a lot of code. I will move this thread to the bugs forum so that we can look into making this method protected.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hoitsce-5 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by sven View Post
    By default GXT uses the GWT localization and the names that are shipped with GWT.

I guess you are talking about the month name that is visible at the top: http://www.sencha.com/examples/#ExamplePlace:datepicker

The problem is that this text is set in a private method in the DatePicker class. In the update method, the last line is setting this:
    Code:
     String t = constants.monthsFullStandalone()[month] + " " + activeDate.getFullYear();

appearance.onMonthButtonTextChange(getElement(), t);

To customize this, you will need to adjust a lot of code. I will move this thread to the bugs forum so that we can look into making this method protected.

Then it means that there is no way to customize the month name by override any method, am l correct ?

Or is there any way to expand the date picker window size, as there is a problem that when the font-size is increased to 18px, the date picker can not show properly. (under November & December)

Code:

.x-date-middle, .x-date-left, .x-date-right {
        font-size: 18px;
    }
    I have tried to use setWidth to adjust the width of datepicker, but it does not work. Please advse, thanks~

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Then it means that there is no way to customize the month name by override any method, am l correct ?
    Currently no easy one, as you would need to change a lot of methods.

I have tried to use setWidth to adjust the width of datepicker, but it does not work. Please advse, thanks~

The width should be changable using setWidth in GXT3. Which GXT version are you using?

In GXT 2 it should work too, but you need to set it after rendering (you can listen to the Render event)

Thread Participants: 1