Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-9291 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Dev@QLP is on a distinguished road

Default Row Editing the last record on a grid causes horizontal scrollbar

Row Editing the last record on a grid causes horizontal scrollbar

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.0 rev 663
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Firefox v19.0.2
    • Chrome v26.0.1410.43
    Description:
    • Editing the last visible record of a grid that doesn't have a vertical scrollbar will cause a horizontal scrollbar to appear as well as a vertical one.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Load up the row editor example: (http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-2/ex...w-editing.html)
    • Run the following command in the Console so that there are just enough records to fit in the grid without a scrollbar:
    • Alternately, you could change the function that generates the data so that it only generated 11 or 12 rows of data.
    Code:
    Ext.ComponentQuery.query('grid')[0].getStore().removeAt(0, Ext.ComponentQuery.query('grid')[0].getStore().getCount()-11)
    • Double click the last record on the grid.
    • NOTE: This seems to work correctly if the grid already has a vertical scrollbar.
    The result that was expected:
    • Vertical scrollbar should be added to the grid at this point because now everything does not fit in the grid view.
    • Grid View height should expand slightly to give room for the roweditor buttons.
    The result that occurs instead:
    • Vertical AND Horizontal scrollbars are added to the grid.
    • I think the Grid View height is adjusted correctly but is blocked by the horizontal scrollbar.
    Test Case:
    See this URL for live test case: http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-2/extjs-build/examples/grid/row-editing.html

Debugging already done:
    • none
    Possible fix:
    • Not sure. I think it's the logic that is in Ext.grid.RowEditor that is missing something but it was hard for me to pinpoint.
    Additional CSS used:
    • none
    Operating System:
    • Win7 64bit

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using Chrome 26, I don't get a horizontal scrollbar on the neptune theme.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Question

That's odd, I can replicate it consistently...

It's particularly annoying when your grid is only 2 or 3 rows high.
    test.gif

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I can replicate it using the Classic theme as well, you just need to have a few more records (~14) since the Classic theme is more compressed then Neptune.
    test2.gif

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Question

Any chance of this being addressed for ExtJS 4.2.1?

Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1