REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
  • ST 2.1.1
  • Latest Architect Beta 2.2, 906
Browser versions tested against:
  • Chrome, Safari
Description:
  • I need to display multiple Ext.dataview.DataViews (not Ext.dataview.List) on the same page, one right after the other. Each DataView will display an unknown # of rows and content. Neither DataView should scroll independently of the main page but the main page as a whole should scroll vertically. There is nothing out of the ordinary with the layout of this page. The problem is, the dataviews collapse on themselves hiding their rows.
  • In the browser, both dataviews are collapsed. If I force the height on each, you see data. The problem of course is I don't know the height at run time. Other threads offer hacks where you calc the # of rows in the store to set the height at run time. The problem is that sometimes my rows wrap due to the length of the data being displayed so calculating the height this way becomes an exercise in frustration. Which brings me to the point of this thread. I need a working solution to this problem, whether it's a framework hack or requires additional configurations be set.

The above 'simple example' worked fine in ST 2.0, but no longer in 2.1.1
Steps to reproduce the problem:
  • new project
  • add a container with layout= fit, scroll = vertical
  • add two dataviews (not lists), one after the other. each with scroll = false
  • create a store with static test data, assign to dataviews above
The result that was expected:
  • two views of data in a container that scroll with the container (As one page).
The result that occurs instead:
  • nothing, both dataviews height collapsed to zero
Operating System:
  • Windows 7 64 bit
I'm at a standstill. Please advise.

Thanks,
John