Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Touch Premium Member BostonMerlin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

Default 1 container, 2 data views, both collapsed

1 container, 2 data views, both collapsed

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • ST 2.1.1
    • Latest Architect Beta 2.2, 906
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome, Safari
    Description:
    • I need to display multiple Ext.dataview.DataViews (not Ext.dataview.List) on the same page, one right after the other. Each DataView will display an unknown # of rows and content. Neither DataView should scroll independently of the main page but the main page as a whole should scroll vertically. There is nothing out of the ordinary with the layout of this page. The problem is, the dataviews collapse on themselves hiding their rows.
    • In the browser, both dataviews are collapsed. If I force the height on each, you see data. The problem of course is I don't know the height at run time. Other threads offer hacks where you calc the # of rows in the store to set the height at run time. The problem is that sometimes my rows wrap due to the length of the data being displayed so calculating the height this way becomes an exercise in frustration. Which brings me to the point of this thread. I need a working solution to this problem, whether it's a framework hack or requires additional configurations be set.

The above 'simple example' worked fine in ST 2.0, but no longer in 2.1.1
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • new project
    • add a container with layout= fit, scroll = vertical
    • add two dataviews (not lists), one after the other. each with scroll = false
    • create a store with static test data, assign to dataviews above
    The result that was expected:
    • two views of data in a container that scroll with the container (As one page).
    The result that occurs instead:
    • nothing, both dataviews height collapsed to zero
    Operating System:
    • Windows 7 64 bit
    I'm at a standstill. Please advise.

Thanks,
    John

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using dataview or list?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about BostonMerlin has a spectacular aura about

1 container with scroll: vertical, layout: full
    2 dataviews (not lists) one after the other with scroll: false, no height set. Each DataView should show their contents w/out scrolling independantly of the main container.

I converted them to lists as well, played around with dozens of combinations of config settings, no go.

I forgot to mention in the bug report above, I'm using latest beta architect.

Thanks,
    JB

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Instead of scrollable : false have you tried null?

Code:
    Ext.Viewport.add({
        scrollable : true,
        items      : [
            {
                xtype      : 'dataview',
                itemTpl    : '{foo}',
                scrollable : null,
                store      : {
                    fields : ['foo'],
                    data   : [
                        { foo : 1 },
                        { foo : 2 },
                        { foo : 3 },
                        { foo : 4 },
                        { foo : 5 },
                        { foo : 6 },
                        { foo : 7 },
                        { foo : 8 },
                        { foo : 9 }
                    ]
                }
            },
            {
                xtype      : 'dataview',
                itemTpl    : '{foo}',
                scrollable : null,
                store      : {
                    fields : ['foo'],
                    data   : [
                        { foo : 1 },
                        { foo : 2 },
                        { foo : 3 },
                        { foo : 4 },
                        { foo : 5 },
                        { foo : 6 },
                        { foo : 7 },
                        { foo : 8 },
                        { foo : 9 }
                    ]
                }
            }
        ]
    });

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

Nope, but I'll give it a whirl. The latest architect rev doesn't allow null as an option on the scrollable config. If config type is set to object (instead of string), then set the value to null, architect reverts it back to false each time. I'll set this to null in the init and report back. I'll also report this null option issue as a bug back on the architect forum.

Thanks,
    John

Vote Rating

Looks like a documentation issue with ST2 that it doesn't list null, that's probably why Architect doesn't list it as an option. In my example if you were to set scrollable to false on the dataviews you will get a console log to set it to null

Vote Rating

Thanks, Mitchell. Setting to null works.

For those using the latest Architect Beta (2.2.0 build 906), you cannot set scrollable to null on the config. Attempting to set scrollable to null from the parent containers init event does not work either. Not sure if it's a timing issue or not. The only way at the moment is to generate the entire dataview class in code and do a container.add().

John

Vote Rating
    =NR= has a little shameless behaviour in the past

thank you it does help me..
    Last edited by =NR=; 26 Apr 2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: correct typo

Thread Participants: 2