Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2919 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mcarthum is on a distinguished road

Default Menu item background color "stuck" after selection (Windows 7, IE 10)

Menu item background color "stuck" after selection (Windows 7, IE 10)

If you click on a menu item in IE 10 on Windows 7, a background color gets permanently added to the selected menu item. This does not appear happen with IE10 on Windows 8.

I see this problem in the widget explorer app as well as locally with GXT 3.0.4.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

This sounds like an issue. I will move this thread to the proper location for further investigation. Thanks for reporting.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

We've tested and confirmed this bug has been fixed in version 3.0.5.

Brandon

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sharaf.satishkumar is on a distinguished road

Default Menu Item is not vsible in ie broswer after selection until we do mouse over.

Menu Item is not vsible in ie broswer after selection until we do mouse over.

Hi,
    I am facing same sort of issue but here i am not able to see Menu Item after selecting it in ie browser.
    menuItem_1 menu item _1.png menu item _1.png image shows i have two menu Items Item1 and Item 2. I now selected 'Item 1'

menuItem_2 menu item_2.png image shows after selecting and again opening menu

menuItem_3 menuItem_3.png i can see Item 1 only after mouse overing on it. else i will not see as it in menuItem_2.

This is small issue reproducible only in ie browser but this doesnt look good.

I posting it in this thread to know whether this is also fixed with upgradation to 3.0.5 or is there any work around?

menu item _1.png

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

sorry for attaching menuItem_1 many times. that is original Menu which i added in POC to show it to you.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

Could I confirm which version you are using @sharaf.satishkumar? I found that 3.0.5 was working and I was wondering if you are able to upgrade to 3.0.5?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi branflake2267,
    we are using 2.2.5 version,

<gxt.version>2.2.5</gxt.version>
    do this bug fixes up with 3.0.5 version as mentioned in the above conversation? Or any patch available for 2.2.5 version?

We could not update our project version till feature releases.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

GXT 2 and 3 are very different - code fixes for one may not apply to the other. The latest version for GXT 2 is 2.3.0 - have you tried with that? It is available in maven central.

Your images look very much like you are using custom css - is it possible that your css is faulty, and that the bug isn't in GXT at all? Can you reproduce the issue at http://www.sencha.com/examples-2/#menubar ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks branflake2267,
    Yeah I suspect we have customized css on the menu Item and that is the bug i guess.

Its working fine in ie with the URL which you provided.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Colin Alworth,
    I have debugged in to css files which we have customized. The problem which we thought is
    in the below red marked line of the css, once we hover the mouse, it is #ffffff which is white. But that white color is remain stuck after we click it. So its is not visible in white background of menu item.

a:hover.x-menu-item {
    line-height: 21px !important;
    color: #ffffff !important;
    }

a:visited .x-menu-item {
    background-color: #0066CC !important;
    }

The above mentioned #0066cc is not getting applied after visiting the menu item. I think it is the same problem which this thread discuss about. Any fix for this in 2.2.5 version?

Thanks in advance