Hybrid View

Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    elgs will become famous soon enough

Exclamation [BUG] SA 2.2.0 Build: 908 DELETING MY CONTROLLERS AND VIEW

[BUG] SA 2.2.0 Build: 908 DELETING MY CONTROLLERS AND VIEW

SA 2.2.0 Build: 908 is very annoying and almost not usable. It keep deleting my controllers and views from metadata. I spent most of the time restoring the deleted files. Sencha, can you please review all the metadata deleting logic? I need an update to solve this problem quickly.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Hey elgs -

We are still investigating this and have been unable to reproduce.

Do you have any additional information for us from the ticket you filed the other day?
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...er-disappeared

If you can reliably make it happen, perhaps we can do a remote web session this week so that we can see it happen and figure it out.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

It's very difficult to reliably reproduce it, but it happens very frequently as my project grows larger now. The most frequently disappearing objects are the controllers and the viewport, depending on which one I'm working on.

I will try to find a reliable way to reproduce the problem, and if I find it, I will let you know. At the same time, could you please review the logic in you code that removes the references or files? Or if you can release a new version with more verbose log. I will be happy to be the rabbit.

Thanks.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I think I got some more information about this problem. It seems like it's the svn commit caused the references to be lost in the SA. I observed the following situation happened:

1, Open my SA project, work with it for a while, without any problem;
    2, Save and publish the SA project. The publish target folder is managed by Eclipse/Subclipse(an eclipse based svn client);
    3, Commit all changes to the SA project to the svn repository, including the project files and published files in Eclipse;
    4, Now when I come back to SA, the reference to the controller is lost;

I guess at this moment, if I accidentally saved the SA project, I may permanently lose the files.

And I guess svn client should only do write access to its own .svn folder. If this is the case, what I'm wondering is whether SA monitors all files under its project folder, or only the relevant files?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

SA monitors all of the metadata files and the overrides. I'm going to try to reproduce this issue.

Apologies elgs but are you windows or os x I forget?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thanks for reply Phil. I'm on OS X 10.8.3.

Now whenever I want to do an svn commit, I quit SA, after the svn commit, I open SA again, the problem does not appear anymore.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I'm actively trying to reproduce the issue now. Are you able to see entries in the log stating files were removed?

http://cl.ly/image/3z34090Q3F0w
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Thread Participants: 2