Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Qtx will become famous soon enough

Default New example structure in the ExtJS 4.2

New example structure in the ExtJS 4.2

I noticed that many examples are now located in the Kitchen Sink in the version 4.2. The code of all these examples is placed in one file and the file is not formatted.

Although the examples let see their code, but there is no more possibility to play with the code and test something like it was possible when the examples were separated form each other and there were clear well formatted separate files for each example.

Is there any chance that the examples will be also supplied in separate file like it was before 4.2?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Each example is split up into different views so you can still play around with them. This is the direction that is being taken with some of the examples, not all will get put into the kitchensink.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Qtx will become famous soon enough

OK. I try just to describe the problem I have faced.

I wanted to play with the example cell-eidting.js. I did not find this example anymore in the folder examples/grid. It is now located in the examples\build\KitchenSink.

It is not a separate file any more. All is packed in one file all-classes.js which is huge and not formatted for reading.

The old approach with separate files for each example was very useful for playing, testing and creation of the test cases for the bug reports.

Thread Participants: 1