Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ramgovind is on a distinguished road

Default com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style::setPropertyImpl(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String

com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style::setPropertyImpl(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String

We noticed that below error often throwing in the server log, but not sure about the root cause of the element.

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error) @com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style:etPropertyImpl(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String([string: 'width', string: '-25.0px']): Invalid argument.
    Detail formatter error:
    An exception occurred: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

I have tried to debug in ContentPanel to figure out the element, but no luck.

Any idea?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I found the root cause of the issue was one of the ui binder referred width as attribute in Field Label caused the exception.

<form:FieldLabel text="Short" width="130">

Exception: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error) @com.google.gwt.dom.client.Style:etPropertyImpl(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String([string: 'width', string: '-25.0px']): Invalid argument.

Fix: Changed to labelWidth as attribute instead of width
    <form:FieldLabel text="Short" labelWidth="130">

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

This exception can occur in many ways, and we haven't put a blind try/catch around it in an attempt to actually find all of those cases. It almost always means that something is sizing it to an impossibly small size like 0 width.

If I make a FieldLabel with that width and put a field in it, I do not get that error - can you expand on this test case so that we can see the full issue?

In a future version we'll add the try/catch and logging so that it is easier to see the issue clearly.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The reported exception is happening if I use the attribute width, in the gxt FieldLabel. It works fine if I use labelWidth.

Thread Participants: 1