Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maneljn is on a distinguished road

Default Steps for upgrading to 4.2

Steps for upgrading to 4.2

Does anyone can tell me which steps i have to do to accomplish and upgrade of my mvc app ?

Now i'm working with Extjs v4.1.1a and Ext cmd v3.0.0.230

I want to upgrade all to work with Extjs 4.2

Thanks
    -------------------
    Manel Juàrez

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

The upgrade from 4.1.x to 4.2 shouldn't be painful. I can't think of any pitfalls when replacing the 4.1.x library to 4.2.

Sencha Cmd is now at version 3.1 and can be downloaded here:
    http://www.sencha.com/products/sencha-cmd/download

Vote Rating
    Misiu has a spectacular aura about Misiu has a spectacular aura about

This might be related to migration, but after I move my application from ExtJS 4.1.1 to 4.2 it started to get slower.
    I'm using my application mostly on machines with IE9 and on 9 from 10 usages I get script timeout exception in IE.
    I must admit that on Chrome my app works faster, but on IE it is only worst.
    Anyone had the same issue?

I didn't do any tweaks with my code, I just replaced all ext-all.js with new one.
    Are there any guides (general guides) what can be changed in code to speed everything up?

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I don't why performance would suffer with a migration from 4.1.x to 4.2. I've not really heard that as a complaint from the community specifically.

How best to streamline an app is a fairly big question and probably requires some code review though the implementations of each aspect of the application.

That said, there was a blog post that Nige White (animal) put together a while back that, while written under the 4.1 banner, applies to 4.2 just as neatly:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/ext-js-4-1-performance/

Thread Participants: 2