Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    maneljn is on a distinguished road

Default Steps for upgrading to 4.2

Steps for upgrading to 4.2

Does anyone can tell me which steps i have to do to accomplish and upgrade of my mvc app ?

Now i'm working with Extjs v4.1.1a and Ext cmd v3.0.0.230

I want to upgrade all to work with Extjs 4.2

Thanks
    -------------------
    Manel Juàrez

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

The upgrade from 4.1.x to 4.2 shouldn't be painful. I can't think of any pitfalls when replacing the 4.1.x library to 4.2.

Sencha Cmd is now at version 3.1 and can be downloaded here:
    http://www.sencha.com/products/sencha-cmd/download

Vote Rating
    Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough Misiu is a jewel in the rough

This might be related to migration, but after I move my application from ExtJS 4.1.1 to 4.2 it started to get slower.
    I'm using my application mostly on machines with IE9 and on 9 from 10 usages I get script timeout exception in IE.
    I must admit that on Chrome my app works faster, but on IE it is only worst.
    Anyone had the same issue?

I didn't do any tweaks with my code, I just replaced all ext-all.js with new one.
    Are there any guides (general guides) what can be changed in code to speed everything up?

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

I don't why performance would suffer with a migration from 4.1.x to 4.2. I've not really heard that as a complaint from the community specifically.

How best to streamline an app is a fairly big question and probably requires some code review though the implementations of each aspect of the application.

That said, there was a blog post that Nige White (animal) put together a while back that, while written under the 4.1 banner, applies to 4.2 just as neatly:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/ext-js-4-1-performance/

Thread Participants: 2