Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nir2211 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Validating if the Ext.grid.panel is empty

Unanswered: Validating if the Ext.grid.panel is empty

I am trying to create a grid panel, that should highlight the grid in red, (as it happens when the validations fail on other components,) when the grid is empty. Is there a simple solution for this?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by nir2211 View Post
    I am trying to create a grid panel, that should highlight the grid in red, (as it happens when the validations fail on other components,) when the grid is empty. Is there a simple solution for this?
    Define "empty" for a grid panel? No data records as part of its store, or no docked items, etc.?

If you are talking about data, you could easily check whether the grid's store has data, and then addCls() on the grid to show some kind of validation warning (you could even add a quick tip to it).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    nir2211 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. I meant (no of rows = 0 ) when i mentioned empty.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

You may find the grid's getStore() method handy along with store's getCount() method.

Thread Participants: 2