Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-3657 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    plok123 is on a distinguished road

Default Entering a simple tooltip string for a menu item

Entering a simple tooltip string for a menu item

I am experiencing a similar issue, but with xtype: 'menuitem'.
    Preface: I am new to Architect, so this likely has something to do with this as well!

This is from creating a new extjs 4.2 project in Architect.
    In architect 2.2.0 build 908, I add a tooltip by selecting the menu item in the inspector, clicking on the "edit" button next to the "tooltip" element in the config panel, and I then type in the tooltip text (I've tried with single quotes, double quotes and no quotes at all and the result is the same). When I look at the class in code view, I have an exclamation point next to the line number indicating that it has detected an "invalid value, config value converted to string". And in the config panel, the tooltip element is highlighted by a red bar on its left.

Not sure if this is related to the previous issue. If not, should I instead raise it a a separate bug?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by plok123 View Post
    Not sure if this is related to the previous issue. If not, should I instead raise it a a separate bug?
    I moved it to the bug forum and reported it to get it fixed.

Tooltip should support both the simple string and object config. Currently we are only allowing you to use the object config. If you change this to {html: 'My tooltip here'}, you should get the desired result for the time being.

After we provide an alternate type of string, you will be able to click to the left of the config and change it to a type of string.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1