Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    msawant is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ExtJs 4.1 - MVC Architecture

Unanswered: ExtJs 4.1 - MVC Architecture

I have created an application using EXTJS 4.1. As per the documentation its required to have different JS files for model , controllers, stores etc. I have not created seperate files and all my JS code lies in the JSP files. I am able to run the app successfully in firefox without any issues. I am using Ext.onReady on my first page which load the tab panel and from there I am calling other jsps/js on click of the tabs. This approach is working for me in Firefox. This does not work in Chrome and IE and I see that Ext.onReady is not called consistently and hence nothing is loaded and I see blank pages. I am using liferay portlets. Please let me know if I have to change and go via application.js route which would initialise the model , controllers etc. I am 80% done with my application and it would be a huge change if I have to segregate my source code into various js files. Please help.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

What you're talking about is possible, but you may have to manually do the controller instantiating and initialization manually as well as manually adding the controllers to the application itself (plus create the reference to the application within each controller).

If you choose to go this route be cautious if you choose to use private or undocumented methods within Application since those are used internally and could change with future builds leaving you with a more complex upgrade path.

Thread Participants: 1