Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    xmaillot is on a distinguished road

Default Fieldfile extjs 4.2

Fieldfile extjs 4.2

Hello everyone !

I saw a strange thing in extjs 4.2 for the fieldfile. Because I'm a new extjs user, I prefer to ask my question before said it's a bug.

When we look the zone of the input file in extjs 4.2, we can see that the position is absolute and start on the left of our screen. Because of this, all components on the left of the fieldfile are covered by this invisible big input and you can't click on them because when you click, you click in the input zone so it opens a file selection window.

Here is a screen capture directly from the exemples on the sencha website. For exemple, when you click on "Photo", the file selection window appears.

input bug extjs 4.2.jpg

I ask this question because it was not like this on Extjs 4.1.
    Here is a screen capture from the exemples on the sencha website for the 4.1.3 version.
    input extjs 4.1.jpg

As you can see, the input file is only inside the fieldfile in the 4.1.3 version.
    My screen captures are on Chrome but it's the same thing on Firefox.

So is it a bug or a normal change in Extjs ?

Thank you for your answers.

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I do see what you're seeing when I inspect the element, but I'm not seeing it interfere with my interaction with other elements to the left of the file field. You say it's intercepting your clicks, though, yes?

You're seeing it intercept your clicks on Firefox and Chrome you say? Just for clarity, what OS are you on?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    xmaillot is on a distinguished road

Thank you for you response.

For exemple, on this exemple page : http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-2/#!...eld-types.html. On the file field, you can see that when you put your mouse on the file field label ("File upload"), the button ("Browse...") is highlighted like if your mouse were on it. And if you click on this label, it's like clicking on the button, it opens the pick file window.

I'm on windows 8 and I also run a window server 2003 virtual machine and I've this "bug" on Internet Explorer 8, 10, last version of Firefox and last version of chrome.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jeremy Solarz is on a distinguished road

Same problem here,

when you have horizontal layout this leads to a bug. You can not insert any value into the field then because the browser allways thinks you are hovering over the file-input.

Any comments from Sencha on this?

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

I believe this one is fixed in the 4.2.1 beta, if not, definitely for 4.2.1.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Jeremy Solarz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads-up evant.