Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    mysticav is on a distinguished road

Ibnesayeed,

Here are the release notes about the latest version:
    http://cdn.sencha.io/ext/gpl/4.2.1/release-notes.html

By the way, there's also a new Sencha CMD version. The file structure generated by "sencha generate app" has changed a bit. they added a new "application.js" file inside app folder. They moved app.js outside app/ folder. packages folder is now empty by default. Only custom packages will be added to /packages, and so on.

The official theming guide is out of date.
    Using Ext with cachefly
    Working on LAMPExt

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ibnesayeed is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mysticav View Post
    Ibnesayeed,

Here are the release notes about the latest version:
    http://cdn.sencha.io/ext/gpl/4.2.1/release-notes.html

By the way, there's also a new Sencha CMD version. The file structure generated by "sencha generate app" has changed a bit. they added a new "application.js" file inside app folder. They moved app.js outside app/ folder. packages folder is now empty by default. Only custom packages will be added to /packages, and so on.
    Thanks a lot sir!

I had completely missed that 4.2.1 is in GA state now. :-)

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Lukappa is on a distinguished road

Hello,
    I've just updated my app to the last version of extjs 4.2.1
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Now-Available

and the last version of Sencha Cmd v3.1.2.342.

Now, building my app, I see no differences between development and production version,
    but the panels/tabpanels are rendered without borders

I've cleaned and built again the app, empty cache and so on...
    Is that normal?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Lukappa is on a distinguished road

[UPDATE]

I've just tried to set border: true and it works as expected!

The problem now is that reading the API I see the border is TRUE as default.
    Is this an API or compiler error?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

There are two separate issues described in this thread as far as I can tell:

1. Neptune app looks different between prod and dev builds: This happens when you change the "app.theme" property without refreshing the bootstrap. The neptune theme includes several JS overrides that change the visual appearance of things that can't be changed using CSS alone. In your app's root directory there is a "bootstrap.js" file which is used to load the individual source files when running the app in dev mode. The neptune overrides must be included in the bootstrap, or the app will not look the same in dev mode. After changing the theme just run "sencha app refresh" to update the bootstrap. If you view the bootstrap file after refreshing the app you should see several class names beginning with "ExtThemeNeptune"
    2. Borders vs no borders: Neptune is a mostly borderless theme by default, so Panels will default to "border:false". You can always turn borders back on by configuring a panel with "border:true"
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ibnesayeed is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Guerrant View Post
    There are two separate issues described in this thread as far as I can tell:
    In fact there are three issues described in this thread. And I don't see the third one solved yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnesayeed View Post
    Today I have experienced another issue in the production build. I have configured a paging toolbar with "ui" property set to "footer". In the development app it shows darker buttons and icons (first/prev/next/last/refresh) while in the production build it shows the icons as it shows if the "ui" property was set to default. As an added note, my application is a RTL application and I did not try to see if it exists in LTR mode as well or not.
    In normal toolbar, if ui property is set to footer, button have dark background while in paging toolbar setting ui property to footer does not look the same.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mjcee is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem with a difference between development and production. When I run 'sencha app refresh' after changing app.theme=ext-theme-classic to app.theme=ext-theme-neptune in the sencha.cfg file and running 'sencha app build', I don't see any change to the ext/bootstrap.js file. What else do I have to do to properly change the theme from classic to neptune? I am using app.framework.version=4.2.1.883 & app.cmd.version=3.1.2.342

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mjcee is on a distinguished road

Nevermind. I was looking at the orignal ext/bootstrap.js when I should have been looking at scripts/bootstrap.js.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by ibnesayeed View Post
    In fact there are three issues described in this thread. And I don't see the third one solved yet.

In normal toolbar, if ui property is set to footer, button have dark background while in paging toolbar setting ui property to footer does not look the same.
    That is because the neptune override for paging toolbar sets the "defaultButtonUI" to "plain-toolbar". You can change the defaultButtonUI to "default" on your toolbar if you want.
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team