Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mark3k is on a distinguished road

Default In grid grouping feature groupHeaderTpl does no longer show any column-rendered value

In grid grouping feature groupHeaderTpl does no longer show any column-rendered value

In 4.2, when grouping a grid there is no way to access in groupHeaderTpl a column-rendered form of groupValue.

Up to 4.1, the 'name' property was available (although indicated in the docs as an alias for groupRenderedValue, which never existed) which provided the column-rendered form of groupValue.

In 4.2, looking at the source (which apparently was heavily refactored), name is set to the same value of groupValue, as it is calculated using grouper.getGroupString which in turn just extract the record field. So, no longer any use of preppedRecords, like in 4.1

This is blocking, as I don't see any way of circumventing the issue.

Any hints/fix?

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Looks like this bug is now being tracked.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?253236

Thanks for raising the issue, though!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

You're welcome.

But that bug is not really covering this issue.

The point is, until recently the variable 'name' DID contain a rendered value (despite the variable 'renderedGroupValue' never existed, which is the subject of the tracked bug you mentioned).

Since 4.2, the variable 'name' *changed* content, now containing just the field, rather than the rendered field.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

See if this is what you're describing:
    This was actually the thread I was hunting for before that had screenshots of the issue and I was thinking was describing the issue you're raising.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?260405

Am I still lumping the issue together too quickly perhaps?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

That's right. This is now exactly what I was referring to. Thanks for reporting.

Thread Participants: 1