Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    isaid is on a distinguished road

Default combobox dispayFiled from a store

combobox dispayFiled from a store

Hallo,
    when i have a field.select from sencha touch that takes his displayFiled from a store, and then start the app, the Field.Select shows automatic the first record from the Store.
    If i do the same in ext.js 4.2 but with a Filed.comboBox, it shows an empty combobox, only if you click on it it will show you the records.
    What shall i do to let the combobox shows the first record from the store when i start the app?
    thanks
    isaid

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

There's not an out of the box way to do that in ExtJS. But, it can be done. In the snippet below is a listeners config for the combo. After the combo is rendered its store's datachanged event is relayed to the combo and the store is loaded(). The datachanged event listener takes the first record in the store and sets the combo's value using that record.

Code:
        listeners: {
            afterrender: function (field) {
                field.relayEvents(field.getStore(), ['datachanged']);
                field.getStore().load();
            }
            , datachanged: {
                fn: function (store) {
                    this.setValue(store.first().get(this.valueField));
                }
                , single: true
            }
        }

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

would you pls. give more spesific example of this, cause i am working with Architect and Architect doesnot allow to edit the main files, if i add an event binding so it looks different than what you wrote:
    Code:
    listeners: {
                                    afterrender: {
                                        fn: me.onComboboxAfterRender,
                                        scope: me
                                    }
                                }
    and if i added a function to the combobox it looks different too:
    Code:
    items: [                        {
                                xtype: 'combobox',
                                afterrender: function(field) {

},
    and this part, do not know how to get it in Architect:
    Code:
    datachanged: {
                fn: function (store) {                this.setValue(store.first().get(this.valueField));            }            , single: true         }

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

The snippet I posted works if applied to a combobox, but I'm not as practiced in Architect at this point. I'm moving the thread over to the Architect forum to allow the Architect community an opportunity to weigh in.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Haven't tested the solution to your actual problem, but I can show you how to set this up in SA in this screen-cast:
    http://screencast.com/t/qzfsqw1tTzhv

Cheers,
    /Mattias

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

thanks Mattias for replay, i did the same steps like you did in the screencast, then i get an error "Cannot call method 'indexOf' of undefined" and the the application looks broken.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

As I said - no clue about what you are trying to achieve, just showing how to do it in Architect.
    I'd check all the valueFields and Store Models to make sure they match. Add debug in datachanged to make sure that you try searching for the right value, make sure the Store is loaded is another thing I'd check. Break down the chain of getting values into the ComboBox and verify each step is my advise.

Best of luck,
    /Mattias

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

the store works well with the model and the datafileds, because the combobox shows the data in a write way when i start the app, it is about showing the firtsdatafield when it gets renderd, it shows instead the emptytext.
    I made a test with Architect, the cobobox works well with the store, but as soon as i move the comments sign (//....) from the eventindings, it give an error.
    http://www.ing-said.de/test.zip

Thread Participants: 2