Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    coolfish is on a distinguished road

Default How to get Architect out of fullscreen?

How to get Architect out of fullscreen?

None of the standard keyboard shortcuts work, and there's no fullscreen button. It's driving me nuts, I can't move the Architect window to a different monitor!

Thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

OS X? Standard top right, click the little blue 'unfullscreen' button. You have to mouse to the very top and the menu will then slide down.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Screen Shot 2013-04-11 at 4.45.12 PM.jpgYes OS X, and mine simply doesn't have it, regardless of how much I mouse over anything..! The only time there's a fullscreen toggle button is on launch where you can select recent projects. But toggling that just turns that window into fullscreen.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The top right; above help, this is an OS X feature and in other apps that support full screen like chrome, safari, etc
    Screen Shot 2013-04-11 at 8.06.29 AM.png
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi, even when I get the menu down the button is not there. Will screenshot when I get back to the computer.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by coolfish View Post
    Hi, even when I get the menu down the button is not there. Will screenshot when I get back to the computer.
    OS X version?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

OS X 10.8.3, latest Sencha Architect.

Screen Shot 2013-04-11 at 6.01.18 PM.jpg

Is there a magic keyboard shortcut?

Edit - should note that in Chrome and elsewhere the fullscreen button works as expected and does appear in the menu.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Haven't happened to me with SA but with other Mac Apps that get their prefs corrupted and tries placing the window in (x,y)-positions that are off-screen. When this happens on Windows you can always do Alt-Space, Down Arrow, Enter, Right Arrow and then move the mouse around.

Maybe use Exposé and try grabbing the window?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Up up down down left right left right doesn't work. Can't move the window around in Expose. I think this is a Sencha Architect bug (although by the looks of it, it's quite rare), and one thing that's missing is a menu item to get the app out of full screen mode (eg under Window - Exit Full Screen).

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Mucking around with this further - I quit Architect, relaunched it. In the opening dialogue (recent projects) there is a fullscreen toggle button. I tapped that, and then loaded my project. Lo and behold, the fullscreen button now appears in the menu and I can unfullscreen the app. I've tried to recreate the bug of the disappearing full screen button but haven't yet.