Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    harsh.singla01 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Tear off using EXTJs and using Sencha packager

Unanswered: Tear off using EXTJs and using Sencha packager

I am using ExtJs 4.2 in my project and I am stuck with one requirement. Actually what we want is to open a new window which will the replica of widget from where it has been requested. We are able to open it by using window.open(), but please suggest me the way with which i can maintain the same state such as various values in various components etc. present in parent widget. Moreover this child window should be independent from the application. Is there any way of doing it ??

One such example as the requirement is :
    the case here is , suppose we have a drop down on a widget and i select , say 'ABC', from the list of data. Now when i open new replica of this widget in a new window i should get the dropdown in the child window prepopulated with the value 'ABC'. Please let me know if we can achieve this.

Sencha - Desktop Packager Dev Team jarrednicholls's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough jarrednicholls will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.singla01 View Post
    I am using ExtJs 4.2 in my project and I am stuck with one requirement. Actually what we want is to open a new window which will the replica of widget from where it has been requested. We are able to open it by using window.open(), but please suggest me the way with which i can maintain the same state such as various values in various components etc. present in parent widget. Moreover this child window should be independent from the application. Is there any way of doing it ??

Multi-window support for Desktop Packager is coming with version 1.2. We don't have a public timeline for this release as of now, but I can say that the progress with this support is coming along nicely.

One such example as the requirement is :
    the case here is , suppose we have a drop down on a widget and i select , say 'ABC', from the list of data. Now when i open new replica of this widget in a new window i should get the dropdown in the child window prepopulated with the value 'ABC'. Please let me know if we can achieve this.
    I think the easiest format to do this would be one of two things:
    1. Pass the data on the URL as a query string parameter, that can be extracted by the code in the child window
    2. Use message passing (postMessage, or Desktop Packager's own inter-window communcation primitives) to send data to the child window

In either case, sending data to the child window will be a very straightforward task.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sudhakarv is on a distinguished road

Default what is the deffarence between sencha app build native and sencha app package build

what is the deffarence between sencha app build native and sencha app package build

both are giving apk file for android and use same packager.json.

sencha app build native this command will give only sencha related files (we can’t any use related lib files )added apk file and apk file soze will be very less.
    Above will less then 1 mb this include only required sencha files

sencha app package build packager.json this command this will give apk file which will have all the sencha files and user libs but apk size too big
    this will be in more them 10mb this include all the sencha files

how can we achieve adding only user libs and sencha file which required for our application for reducing the apk file size.

Thread Participants: 2