Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Default SA projects and Sencha Cmd upgrades

SA projects and Sencha Cmd upgrades

A question related to Sencha Cmd and upgrades of Sencha Cmd.
    Every time I upgrade Sencha Cmd to a new release (moved from 3.1.0.something to 3.1.1.274). When trying to build I get the message:
    Code:
    msa@sencha-vb ~/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0 $ ./build_from_publish.sh 
    Sencha Cmd v3.1.1.274
    [ERR] The app was last modified by an older version of Sencha Cmd (3.1.0.256), current is 3.1.1.274. Please run 'sencha app upgrade -noframework' to update.
    [ERR] Application Cmd version mismatch.
    OK - running this and I get the following thrown in my face:
    Code:
    msa@sencha-vb ~/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0 $ sencha app upgrade -noframeworkSencha Cmd v3.1.1.274
    [INF] 
    [INF] init-plugin:
    [INF] 
    [INF] init-plugin:
    [INF] 
    [INF] -before-generate-app:
    [INF] 
    [INF] cmd-root-plugin.init-properties:
    [INF] 
    [INF] init-properties:
    [INF] 
    [INF] init-sencha-command:
    [INF] 
    [INF] init:
    [INF] 
    [INF] -before-generate-app:
    [INF] 
    [INF] generate-app-impl:
    [ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/app/app.js
    [ERR] Please resolve manually - see /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/app/app.js
    [INF]      [echo] Upgrade
    [INF] [propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/.sencha/workspace/sencha.cfg
    [INF]      [echo] Updating app/app.js mvc references
    [INF]      [echo] Detected models       : CIActivityModel,CIAwardModel,CICertModel,CIEmployeeCertModel,CIEmployeeModel,CILocationModel,CertModel,CreditModel,ExamModel,ExamScoreDistModel,ExamTopicsModel,ShardMembersCerts,SharedCertModel,SharedUserModel,TrackingTagsModel,TrainingModel,TransactionModel,UserdirCertifications,UserdirModel,UserdirUserCerts,VoucherModel
    [INF]      [echo] Detected views        : AccountCertificates,AccountCompanyInfo,AccountCredits,AccountExams,AccountPanel,AccountSettings,AccountTeam,AccountTraining,ActiveVoucherGrid,AuthWindow,CIActivityGrid,CIAwardsGrid,CICertsGrid,CenterPanel,CertValidatePanel,CertificateIconView,CertificateInfoPanel,CertsFilterToolbar,CompDirPanel,CompanyAwardColumn,CompanyNameColumn,ContentPanel,CreateAccountPanel,CreateVouchersWindow,ExamResultChart,ExamScoreDistChart,LanguageMenu,LinkedInPanel,LocalizedDateColumn,LocalizedDateField,LocalizedDateTimeColumn,MyViewport,NavButton,NavigationPanel,PanelBottom,PanelTop,PerchPanel,RadioNo,RadioYes,RedeemedVoucherGrid,RegisterClassroomWindow,RegisterElearningWindow,ShareCertsWindow,ShowVoucherCodes,SupportCMSPanel,TrainingInfoClassroom,TrainingInfoElearning,TrainingInfoVirtualClassroom,TransactionsWindow,UserdirPanel,Viewport,WelcomeCMSPanel,override.AuthWindow,override.CIActivityGrid,override.CIAwardsGrid,override.CICertsGrid,override.CertificateIconView,override.CertificateInfoPanel,override.LanguageMenu,override.LocalizedDateColumn,override.LocalizedDateField,override.LocalizedDateTimeColumn,override.PanelBottom,override.RadioNo,override.RadioYes,override.TrainingInfoClassroom,override.TrainingInfoElearning,override.TrainingInfoVirtualClassroom
    [INF]      [echo] Detected controllers  : AccountCIController,AccountCertController,AccountController,AccountCreditController,AccountExamController,AccountSettingsController,AccountTeamController,AccountTrainingController,AccountTransController,AuthWindowController,CenterPanelController,CertValidateController,CompanyDirController,CreateAccountController,LinkedinController,UserdirController
    [INF]      [echo] Detected stores       : AccountCreateCountryStore,AccountCreateStatesStore,AccountEditCountryStore,AccountEditStatesStore,ActiveVoucherStore,CIActivityStore,CIAwardStore,CICertStore,CIEmployeeStore,CILocationStore,CertStore,CompdirCountryStore,CountryStore,CreditStore,ElearningLangStore,ExamScoreDistStore,ExamStore,ExamTopicsStore,RedeemedVoucherStore,ShardedMembersCertsStore,SharedCertsStore,StatesStore,SurveyStore,TrackingExamsStore,TrackingTagsStore,TrackingTopicsStore,TrainingStore,TransactionStore,UserDirCountryStore,UserDirStatesStore,UserdirCertStore,UserdirStore
    [ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/app/app.js
    [ERR] Please resolve manually - see /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/app/app.js
    [INF] [propertyfile] Updating property file: /home/msa/Documents/sencha/up8-cmd-4.2.0/.sencha/app/sencha.cfg
    [ERR] Upgrade encountered 1 merge conflicts. Please resolve all merge conflicts then run 'sencha app refresh'.
    Checking the app.js I see that the blocks Generated/Custom starts at "autoCreateViewport" property. I have made the changes and it seems to work now. Annoying for sure. I have sent the app.js after the upgrade to architect feedback.

Suggestion; couldn't you get a round table a couple of beverages of your choice and sit down with the Sencha Cmd team to set this straight?

/Mattias

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Good question and I have a 2 fold answer.

1. If you had opened Architect and changed your path to Cmd to a newer version it would have asked you to upgrade and done this for you. On the first save after it would have resolved this conflict.

2. I have a guy on the Cmd team that's main purpose for the next few cycles is to make Architect integration better.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    1. If you had opened Architect and changed your path to Cmd to a newer version it would have asked you to upgrade and done this for you. On the first save after it would have resolved this conflict.
    Ah, since I never got Cmd to run on Windows 64-bit I have it running on Linux in a VM and do the build from there.

2. I have a guy on the Cmd team that's main purpose for the next few cycles is to make Architect integration better.
    Wonderful news! Really looking forward to this.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz will become famous soon enough

And where in Architect would we do this?

I think I've pushed every button and menu item twice now.

Thanks,
    Worth

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Sorry this is only for Touch atm. 2.3 will have all this resolved for both framework types
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mike.arps is on a distinguished road

We have noted the merge issue and a fix is underway

Cheers

Vote Rating

Thank you!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dusoft is on a distinguished road

Default Integration SA project and Sencha Cmd

Integration SA project and Sencha Cmd

Hello! Great Post!.. I am trying to integrate the latest versions of Sencha architect and Sencha Cmd (downloaded today).
    I followed all steps perfectly..but I have some questions...

a) I make a new sencha touch 2.2.x project with Sencha Architect (SA)
    b) I execute "sencha generate app <projectName> path/to/project" and I get this error:
    Code:
    [ERR] MERGE CONFLICT - /xxx/app/app.js
    [ERR] Please resolve manually - see /xxx/xxx/app/app.js

I think that is not a complicated error, I solved it, generating (with sencha cmd) other new app,and later merged the new app.js file with existing app.js of the SA project. Is it ok?

c) I generated models, controllers, views,etc using sencha cmd correctly,

d) I open again the SA project but I don't see the new files (controllers, models, views) generated. Did I forget execute some command?

My aim is use sencha cmd to generate MVC automatic code, and edit it with SA to add UI components, fields, controls, etc...
    Is it possible?

Best Regards,

Eduardo