Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for SDKTOOLS-556 in 4.0.0.203.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    FoxMulder900 is on a distinguished road

Default Properly using the 'overrides' folder generated by Sencha Cmd for Ext Js 4.2

Properly using the 'overrides' folder generated by Sencha Cmd for Ext Js 4.2

I have generated a new app using Sencha Cmd which creates the following directories:

+app
    +ext
    +overrides
    +packages
    +resources
    +sass

I have added my overridden Ajax.js file inside the overrides directory and added this line to my app.js file:

requires: [ 'overrides.Ajax' ]

However I get the following error when I try to build the app using Sencha Cmd.

[ERR] BUILD FAILED[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.BasicException: The following error occurred while executing this line:[ERR] Z:\public_html\LoginScreen\.sencha\app\build-impl.xml:469: com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: com.sencha.exceptions.ExBuild: Failed to find any files for Z:\public_html\LoginScreen\app\app.js::ClassRequire::overrides.Ajax

Everything works as expected when testing the app, it just seems that Sencha Cmd doesn't know where to look for the necessary files. Is there something I am missing to properly include my override?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to add the overrides directory to the .sencha/app/sencha.cfg. Look for the app.classpath and add this (it's a comma-delimited value):

Code:
    ,${app.dir}/overrides
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    FoxMulder900 is on a distinguished road

That did it! Thanks a lot Mitchell!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mmls is on a distinguished road

Default Same problem, thanks for the fix

Same problem, thanks for the fix

Mitchell, thanks for the solution, I had the same problem.

As a suggestion, when a skeleton app is generated, because the overrides folder is created as part of the skeleton, it would be good if the path could be added to the config file by default.

Thanks.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold LesJ is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    You need to add the overrides directory to the .sencha/app/sencha.cfg. Look for the app.classpath and add this (it's a comma-delimited value):

Code:
    ,${app.dir}/overrides
    I faced the same problem and your response was helpful, but I must ask the obvious question...

Why the app.classpath config doesn't contain the extra info since many developers create overrides?

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Great question!

The overrides folder is used to hold things (typically overrides) that are automatically required. This was introduced for theme packages like Neptune that had JavaScript injections needed but we didn't want user code to have to require them by name ... beyond specifying the theme that is.

These are brought in by the app.js line:

Code:
    // @require @packageOverrides
    As this seemed a useful thing for apps, we recently added "overrides" for apps as well (Cmd 3.1.2 probably). But these got tagged as "appOverrides" and app.js did not get updated accordingly. We'll fix that in the next spin of Cmd, but the fix is to change the above to this:

Code:
    // @require @packageOverrides
    // @require @appOverrides
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Gordonh is on a distinguished road

Hi There-

Using Cmd 3.1.2.342, placing just the // @require @appOverrides in the app.js didn't do anything to the build process. I added overrides to the app.classpath and that worked fine.

Regards,
    Gordon

Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

The use of overrides is two parts - add an override to folder; use the class that the override targets.

If you add this to your app's overrides folder (and have the @requires I mentioned):

Code:
    Ext.define('App.overrides.Panel', {  // actual name here is not important
        override: 'Ext.panel.Panel',  // assuming you app uses a Panel (pretty much a given)

foo: 42
    });
    Then check your panels for a foo property.

If the file you put in overrides is just a normal class then it will be automatically required in to your build.

In dev mode these files should be added to bootstrap.js as dynamically loaded scripts.

If this is not working as I am describing it, I would really appreciate some details to help get to the bottom of it.

Thanks!
    Don Griffin

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mlitcher is on a distinguished road

Here is what I've tried (using Cmd 3.1.2.342).

Created skeleton app using Cmd and put override in overrides folder:

Panel.js
    Code:
    Ext.define("App.overrides.Panel", {
        override: "Ext.panel.Panel",
        foo: 42
    });
    Added @require to app.js
    Code:
    /*
        This file is generated and updated by Sencha Cmd. You can edit this file as
        needed for your application, but these edits will have to be merged by
        Sencha Cmd when upgrading.
    */

// DO NOT DELETE - this directive is required for Sencha Cmd packages to work.
    //@require @packageOverrides
    //@require @appOverrides

Ext.application({
        name: 'Test',
        extend: 'Test.Application',
        autoCreateViewport: true
    });
    Is that all that is needed? If I run "sencha app build", should bootstrap.js get updated with an entry for this override? I don't see the override getting loaded.

Vote Rating

The override should be included in your app's all-classes.js by sencha app build but to update the bootstrap.js file you need to run:

Code:
      sencha app refresh
    Just to check - this is Ext JS right?

Coming with Cmd v4 is some streamlining here as well as support for bootstrap.js in Touch. In v4, sencha app build and sencha app watch both maintain the boostrap file. Also, the extra @require statements won't be needed... so this will get a bit easier in the next release. If you want to try the v4 beta, check out:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-Now-Available
    Don Griffin

"Use the source, Luke!"