Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Davestum is on a distinguished road

Your code looks fine to me.

It might be easier if you attach a simple failing project archive for me to look at. Is this ok?

Thanks
    Dave Stummer
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Davestum is on a distinguished road

Also just to be sure, if you type the following url into your browser address bar, do you get a valid json response?

https://search.twitter.com/search.json?_dc=1366191965026&q=to%3Atheoneringnet&page=1&start=0&limit=25&callback=Ext.data.JsonP.callback1
    Dave Stummer

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    allisterf is on a distinguished road

Yes - the url returns a whole page of content, which I assume is valid json, though I haven't prettified it.

I'd send you an archive, but it doesn't want to make one! File/Archive Project offers me a path to save to, but then when I go to look in that place, there is nothing there... Maybe that's another problem...If I zip up the existing files, will that do it?

Allister

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Here's a zip of a simple project
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Opened the zip file; right clicked on the store clicked load data. Loaded 15 records.

You get an error when you do this? What operating system? What version of Architect?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Now that's weird Aaron - because I'm at home now and have just done the same but on my home dsl, and it works now too.

So - is there some authentication in
    Version: 2.2.1 Build: 951
    Release Channel: 2.2.1-stable

that would get caught behind a firewall, that isn't affected in the same way in earlier versions of Architect?

allister

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Shouldn't be.... Are you in a corporate proxy environment when it fails?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Behind a smoothwall. But what I don't get is why it suddenly turns up now, and not in previous versions. I'll explore tomorrow with the IT guys and find out if they changed something I'm not aware of.
    Allister

Vote Rating

Hrm... let us know
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Aaron - just a follow up with this now.

In experimenting, it comes down to what's going on inside our office environment, in that there json store fails to load when connected to the network or wireless inside the building - but works elsewhere. An app, viewed both in the browser and run on an actual device is unable to access the twitter api and populate a store.

So - here's the problem that still concerns me and I think needs to be looked at.

Firstly, there are zero errors showing up in the log files for the firewall indicating that something is being blocked. Secondly - and more importantly - I have the exact same app on my phone, developed in and earlier version of sencha architect (2.0), with exactly the same store config and this is reading the store perfectly on our office networks.

My worry is this - if there is some configuration in the new version of architect (2.2) that is inadvertently blocking data under certain conditions, it's possible that its going to happen elsewhere too and I wouldn't know it.

Have you been able to replicate the issue?

Thanks,
    Allister

Thread Participants: 2