Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sworth42 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Separating the Ext js in Ext 4.2

Answered: Separating the Ext js in Ext 4.2

I am migrating an application from 4.1 to 4.2. With 4.1 we generated a js file with all the application js and included ext-all.js separately. This seemed to work well.

For technical reasons (see below) I do not want sencha build to create one huge js file with my application and ext combined. Is there an equivalent of ext-all.js? I have tried including ext.js but I get the error:
    Uncaught Error: Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: Ext.data.Model

As a workaround I am running 'sencha build app' on a minimum application which only includes my Ext dependencies. This works but seems like a hack.

The reason I want to split the Ext js is because our website contains a number of services which are implemented as separate applications. I do not want to download the Ext js for each service, I would rather download it once and let the browser cache it. I am also of the opinion that splitting the js files is good for performance because the browser can download the 2 js files asynchronously. My app js file is roughly the same size as the Ext js file so I think the performance hit of having an extra request is more than offset with the ability to download the 2 files concurrently.

2. The ext-all.js file is the minified file of all of the base library classes (ux classes not included). I would think that that's what you're looking for in this instance. Perhaps I'm misreading what you're wanting?

Vote Rating
    Answers
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

The ext-all.js file is the minified file of all of the base library classes (ux classes not included). I would think that that's what you're looking for in this instance. Perhaps I'm misreading what you're wanting?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sworth42 is on a distinguished road

Yes my mistake. Somehow the ext-all.js files had been deleted from my ext download. I can use this the same as before.

Thread Participants: 1