Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sworth42 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Separating the Ext js in Ext 4.2

Answered: Separating the Ext js in Ext 4.2

I am migrating an application from 4.1 to 4.2. With 4.1 we generated a js file with all the application js and included ext-all.js separately. This seemed to work well.

For technical reasons (see below) I do not want sencha build to create one huge js file with my application and ext combined. Is there an equivalent of ext-all.js? I have tried including ext.js but I get the error:
    Uncaught Error: Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: Ext.data.Model

As a workaround I am running 'sencha build app' on a minimum application which only includes my Ext dependencies. This works but seems like a hack.

The reason I want to split the Ext js is because our website contains a number of services which are implemented as separate applications. I do not want to download the Ext js for each service, I would rather download it once and let the browser cache it. I am also of the opinion that splitting the js files is good for performance because the browser can download the 2 js files asynchronously. My app js file is roughly the same size as the Ext js file so I think the performance hit of having an extra request is more than offset with the ability to download the 2 files concurrently.

2. The ext-all.js file is the minified file of all of the base library classes (ux classes not included). I would think that that's what you're looking for in this instance. Perhaps I'm misreading what you're wanting?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

The ext-all.js file is the minified file of all of the base library classes (ux classes not included). I would think that that's what you're looking for in this instance. Perhaps I'm misreading what you're wanting?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    sworth42 is on a distinguished road

Yes my mistake. Somehow the ext-all.js files had been deleted from my ext download. I can use this the same as before.

Thread Participants: 1