Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jschiffer is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Drag and Drop Primer

Unanswered: Drag and Drop Primer

Hi,<br><br>I am new to extjs and am looking to port an application from Ext 3 to Ext 4; In doing so, I have managed to separate concerns fairly well, but some of the features of ExtJS elude me. In this case, I am curious about a high level overview of the various pieces of the Drag and Drop package and how they inter-relate. My application requires, for the moment, a dataview populated with icons; those icons can then be dragged and dropped into a receiving panel. There seem to be a number of descriptions of how to achieve this, from plugins to user generated classes. By the same token there is the DD package native to Extjs. So I am looking for&nbsp;clarification&nbsp;as to best practices as well as the various roles that DD elements play in relation to one another.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Jordan

Vote Rating
    Answers
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

The best primer for Drag and Drop that I've seen is one of the guides on the Sencha docs site:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/#.../drag_and_drop

Other than that you might look at the drag/drop examples from the Sencha examples page. One I like to refer to is:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/e...organizer.html

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jschiffer is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

I hadn't seen the second reference. Looking more into the problem now.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thread Participants: 1