Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jschiffer is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Drag and Drop Primer

Unanswered: Drag and Drop Primer

Hi,<br><br>I am new to extjs and am looking to port an application from Ext 3 to Ext 4; In doing so, I have managed to separate concerns fairly well, but some of the features of ExtJS elude me. In this case, I am curious about a high level overview of the various pieces of the Drag and Drop package and how they inter-relate. My application requires, for the moment, a dataview populated with icons; those icons can then be dragged and dropped into a receiving panel. There seem to be a number of descriptions of how to achieve this, from plugins to user generated classes. By the same token there is the DD package native to Extjs. So I am looking for&nbsp;clarification&nbsp;as to best practices as well as the various roles that DD elements play in relation to one another.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Jordan

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

The best primer for Drag and Drop that I've seen is one of the guides on the Sencha docs site:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/#.../drag_and_drop

Other than that you might look at the drag/drop examples from the Sencha examples page. One I like to refer to is:
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/e...organizer.html

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jschiffer is on a distinguished road

Thanks,

I hadn't seen the second reference. Looking more into the problem now.

Appreciate the feedback.

Thread Participants: 1