Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sigkill(9) is on a distinguished road

Default Architect 2.2.1 [Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getLocalX' of undefined]

Architect 2.2.1 [Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'getLocalX' of undefined]

This happens continuously when moving elements around in an absolute layout.

Version: 2.2.1 Build: 951
    Release Channel: 2.2.1-stable
    SenchaArchExeptionAbsLayout.PNG

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Sigkill(9) -

Can you help us reproduce this?

I tried to do the following to reproduce.
    1. Start an Ext JS 4.2.x project
    2. Drag out Panel
    3. Set the layout to absolute
    4. Drag out a numberfield
    5. Move the numberfield around
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Attached is an example

Attached is an example

Just try moving some of the form elements around and you should be the exception
    Attached Files

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

What operating system?

I just tested your project on the latest stable (released this morning): Version 2.2.2 Build 971 and was unable to reproduce on OS X.

Are you running 971?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Windows 7 Enterprise

Architect:
    Version: 2.2.1 Build: 951

Release Channel: 2.2.1-stable

Yeah, its a windows machine.

Vote Rating

Could you try 971?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I did that just after my last post when I saw you running it. Have you tried on a Windows machine? That is the only difference I see at this point.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill(9) View Post
    I did that just after my last post when I saw you running it. Have you tried on a Windows machine? That is the only difference I see at this point.
    Just tested on windows 7 and cannot replicate.

Any thing special you can think of that you might be doing? Do you have to be very aggressive with it moving back/forth quickly?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Nothing really that I can think of.

As far as being very aggressive with it moving back/forth quickly?
    I am just developing normally moving things as needed. I don't think there should be a time constraint or a waiting period on when you drop one control and move another (not trying to be nasty). I can just click "ignore" and the message goes away. It doesn't crash out or anything. It doesn't matter as my trial is about to run out anyway. EXT is easy enough to code by hand. I just thought this might be helpful for the dev team so I thought I would give it a test run.
    Thanks for the help.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill(9) View Post
    Nothing really that I can think of.

As far as being very aggressive with it moving back/forth quickly?
    I am just developing normally moving things as needed. I don't think there should be a time constraint or a waiting period on when you drop one control and move another (not trying to be nasty).
    Fully agreed; I'm just trying to reproduce the bug! Any other ideas about your specific situation might help us. I'll try to get someone else here to reproduce it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1