Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    farjadfaridsencha is on a distinguished road

Default Exporting project files

Exporting project files

Hi i just downloaded the trial version of the Animator in the hope of finding out more about the overhead size of adding animation using this tool.

The export feature doesn't work PRESUMABLY BECAUSE IT IS TRIAL VERSION.

So is there a table that might provide a rough guide as the overhead size this tool adds?
    For example for the demo app. bouncing ball.

Thanks.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Hi farjadfaridsencha,

Exporting is possible in the trial version. Could you tell us more details about at what point does the export fail for you?

Sencha Animator is a tool for creating CSS3 animations, and the exported animation consists of a HTML file and a folder with assets (images) that are included in the animation. The size of the export will depend on the animation complexity (the more keyframes, the more CSS3 code) and the size of the assets that you are using.

We don't have a bouncing ball demo, but you can see and download some other demos on our page:
    http://www.sencha.com/products/animator/demos/

Regarding sizes

An export of a simple demo like http://dev.sencha.com/animator/demos/kertz/ is 57kb, and a more complex one like http://dev.sencha.com/animator/demos/redridinghood/ is 390kb. However, this can be further reduced by using gzip on the server side when deploying, and using lighter images.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Exporting project file

Exporting project file

Hi, thanks for the reply and the demos.

Of the two demos. Kertz Ad demo worked fine. I could export the animation and its assets.

There is a demo i believe the correct name is "BallBounce". The demo works in the animator but it does not properly export the animation. There is a asset folder but with a text file and index.html file displays only a yellow box on top left hand corner.

Anyway i can try to test the application.

As much our applications are around HTML5 i have to ask whether Animator's export compatible with HTML5?

Are there any restrictions for using the exported file to html5?

Many thanks.

Vote Rating
    miro.bojic will become famous soon enough miro.bojic will become famous soon enough

Hi farjadfaridsencha,

I've realized that Bouncing Ball demo is on our tutorial page only. I could not discover any problems with it though, it seems to work fine. The project does not contain any images, so assets folder is empty (txt file there is just info). Which browser/version did you use to preview the exported animation?

Animator only exports HTML5. The animations are based on CSS3, and that is a part of HTML5 specification. As such, the animations will only work in browsers with HTML5 support, such as webkit based browsers (Chrome, Safari, iOS, Android) and Firefox. Per default, the exported project only supports webkit, and you can add Firefox support by checking 'Firefox' under Project->Browser Support. If you export without this option checked, it is possible that the animation will not behave correctly in Firefox. IE, Opera are not supported currently and the animations will not work correctly in these browsers.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Exporting project file

Exporting project file

Thanks for the reply.

>Which browser/version did you use to preview the exported animation?

i was using firefox. i hadn't set firefox support. Using this option. The export worked fine.

It is a pity currently you are not supporting IE.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality is on a distinguished road

Default Assets not exporting

Assets not exporting

I'm also using the trial, with intent to purchase. When exporting a project to an iBooks widget, the assets folder is always empty inside the widget folder. I'm working on a PC, but move everything to a MAC where I take care of the iBooks Author stuff.

Is this a known issue or am I missing something?

Using V1.5 Build 219 Channel: Release
    Last edited by webreality; 25 Jul 2013 at 6:58 AM. Reason: Added version info

Vote Rating

Hi there,

There is no known bug regarding assets folder being empty. When you migrate project to MacOS are you sure that you copy all your project assets with the project as well? Also, is this occurring just for iBooks export or for any kind of export after migration?

If you don't mind sharing, you can send me the project in question to do some internal testing and find out what the issue is. Send me a personal message here on the forum.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webreality is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply. I notice that the fiels are missing in the PC, before I move anything. Unfortunately, I can't share the project as it's confidential. I just tried exporting to HTML file. it did the same thing. However, I noticed that our network prohibits video files, this stopped all the assets from saving. when i exported it locally, it worked fine. Sorry about that, but at least now i know and you know that network permissions disable the exporting of assets if one file can't be saved

Vote Rating

I'm glad you resolved it. Regarding importing remote files as your assets, we are aware this can fail because of various network permissions. Solution is to work with local asset files.

Thread Participants: 2