Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    padraig is on a distinguished road

Default Grid rowediting with htmleditor bug, field not editable

Grid rowediting with htmleditor bug, field not editable

REQUIRED INFORMATION
    Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2.0, 4.x
    Browser versions tested against:
    • IE
    • FF
    • Chrome
    Description:
    • htmleditor component disabled in rowediting when column's editor defined as htmleditor. This happens after the grid has changed (e.g. re-ordered)
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • DOUBLE CLICK ON A ROW TO BRING UP ROWEDITOR WITH HTMLEDITOR COMPONENT
    • CANCEL OUT OF THE ROWEDITOR
    • SORT BY COLUMN
    • DOUBLE CLICK ON A ROW AGAIN.
    • TRY TO EDIT THE HTMLEDITOR FIELD
    The result that was expected:
    • An editable html field
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The htmleditor field isn't rendered correctly; in IE the field isn't editable. This also happens if you call startEdit on the row after adding a record to the store.
    Test Case:
    Code:
       Here is a fiddle   http://jsfiddle.net/rFqGK/3/
    HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot

htmleditor issue.PNG
    Padraig.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Thanks for the report!
    Looks like this is fixed now in 4.2.1 Beta.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Thanks for the report!
    Looks like this is fixed now in 4.2.1 Beta.
    Hi, it's not fixed on 4.2.1 Beta. Did you test it on ext-4.2.1.744-beta from http://cdn.sencha.com/ext/beta/ext-4.2.1.744-beta.zip
    Padraig.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Potential Cause

Potential Cause

I think the iframe component of the htmleditor isn't getting set correctly. The iframe component is

Code:
     <iframe id="eTcontrol-inputCmp-iframeEl" class="x-htmleditor-iframe" ... >
    Here is a snippet of the html when the htmleditor is displayed correctly:

HTML Code:
    <div id="eTcontrol-inputCmp" class="x-component x-html-editor-input x-box-item x-component-default" style="right: auto; left: 0px; top: 28px; margin: 0px; width: 429px; height: 87px;">
        <textarea id="eTcontrol-inputCmp-textareaEl" class="x-hidden" autocomplete="off" tabindex="-1" name="" style="height: 86px;"></textarea>
        <iframe id="eTcontrol-inputCmp-iframeEl" class="x-htmleditor-iframe" frameborder="0" src="about:blank" name="ext-gen1233" style="width: 100%; height: 86px;">
            <!DOCTYPE html>
            <html>
                <head>
                    <style type="text/css">
                    body{border:0;margin:0;padding:3px;direction:ltr;min-height:80px;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;cursor:text;background-color:white;font-size:12px;font-family:Tahoma}
                    </style>
                </head>
                <body style="font-size: 12px; font-family: tahoma,arial,verdana,sans-serif; background-image: none; background-repeat: repeat; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-attachment: fixed; cursor: text;">
                    Testing the htmleditor
                </body>
            </html>
        </iframe>
    </div>
    And here is it when it's broken:

HTML Code:
    <div id="eTcontrol-inputCmp" class="x-component x-html-editor-input x-box-item x-component-default" style="right: auto; left: 0px; top: 28px; margin: 0px; width: 429px; height: 87px;">
        <textarea id="eTcontrol-inputCmp-textareaEl" class="x-hidden" autocomplete="off" tabindex="-1" name="" style="height: 86px;"></textarea>
        <iframe id="eTcontrol-inputCmp-iframeEl" class="x-htmleditor-iframe" frameborder="0" src="about:blank" name="ext-gen1233" style="width: 100%; height: 86px;">

<html>
                <head>

</head>
                <body                                                 >
                    Testing the htmleditor
                </body>
            </html>
        </iframe>
    </div>
    You can see that the styles aren't in the second one. I left spaces where the differences are.
    Padraig.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Sorry for any confusion. I actually tested the test case against 4.2 and then the Nightly build of beta not yet released publicly to see if the most recent Nightly had the fix and it did (.762).

Thanks for keeping me honest.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Sorry for any confusion. I actually tested the test case against 4.2 and then the Nightly build of beta not yet released publicly to see if the most recent Nightly had the fix and it did (.762).

Thanks for keeping me honest.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense. When will that beta be out? Is there any way I can access it now, for testing purposes?
    Padraig.

Vote Rating

Right now all that is available is the 744 build I'm afraid (unless you're a support subscriber then you have access to the Nightly builds as well).

I don't have a date for 4.2.1, though release dates are not the norm.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks for the info
    Padraig.

Thread Participants: 1