You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-9587 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Default [4.2] LineSeries highlights line and markers together. Feature to split it.

[4.2] LineSeries highlights line and markers together. Feature to split it.

Hello,

Currently, a LineSeries highlights a line itself and markers together. It would be nice to have a config option not to highlight a line, i.e. highlight only markers.

A config option can be called "highlightLine" and here is a possible override.

Possible override
    Code:
    Ext.chart.series.Line.override({
        highlightItem: function() {
            var me = this,
                line = me.line;

Ext.chart.series.Line.superclass.highlightItem.apply(this, arguments);
            if (line && !me.highlighted && me.highlightLine !== false) { // added the third condition 
                if (!('__strokeWidth' in line)) {
                    line.__strokeWidth = parseFloat(line.attr['stroke-width']) || 0;
                }
                if (line.__anim) {
                    line.__anim.paused = true;
                }

line.__anim = new Ext.fx.Anim({
                    target: line,
                    to: {
                        'stroke-width': line.__strokeWidth + 3
                    }
                });
                me.highlighted = true;
            }
        }
    });
    Ext.NET - ASP.NET for Ext JS
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Moved your feature request over to the Bugs forum - makes it easy for me to push the request right to to the tracker - sorry for any confusion.

Also, since we're on the subject of charts someone was recently asking for more events on charts and I wondered if you might want to weigh in:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?262031

Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Moved your feature request over to the Bugs forum - makes it easy for me to push the request right to to the tracker - sorry for any confusion.
    No confusion. It is nice that you pushed it to the tracker. It is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Also, since we're on the subject of charts someone was recently asking for more events on charts and I wondered if you might want to weigh in:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?262031
    Thank you for that. At the moment I cannot remember any. Though sometimes I feel lack of events as well. So, I will think of. Also I will ask some our customers who intensively uses Charts.

By the way, my main concern regarding Charts is this one.
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?258745

I would much appreciate any comments.
    Ext.NET - ASP.NET for Ext JS
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Thread Participants: 1