You found a bug! We've classified it as EXTJS-8264 . We encourage you to continue the discussion and to find an acceptable workaround while we work on a permanent fix.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    cpswaim is on a distinguished road

Default Large Memory Leak in Grid

Large Memory Leak in Grid

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.2 rev 663

Browser versions tested against:
    • IE8
    • Chrome 25
    • Chromium 24

DOCTYPE tested against:
    • html

Description:
    I have been working recently with large data sets (200-1000 rows), and have noticed that when I destroy or reconfigure a grid, there's always memory left over. I have tried every possible avenue (that I know of) to make sure that memory gets released. I have a sample of code here: http://jsfiddle.net/smQRL/

Why is the memory being held? I can refresh (reconfigure) the grid and watch the memory usage rise from the 80-100MB to as high as I want (300MB+) for a single grid.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    The result that was expected:
    • Memory doesn't leak

The result that occurs instead:
    • Memory Leaks

Test Case:

http://jsfiddle.net/smQRL/

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot or Video:
    • attached

See this URL for live test case: http://

Debugging already done:
    • Tried to remove references from objects many different ways (for the objects I am visibly creating)
    • Tried different forms of Ext removal methods (remove, removeAll, destroy) on the grid, grid view, store, etc.

Possible fix:
    • not provided

Additional CSS used:
    • only default ext-all.css

Operating System:
    • Win7

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

Thanks for the report!
    I've linked your report to an open ticket: EXTJSIV-8264

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    cpswaim is on a distinguished road

Are there any suggestions on how to work around this for the time being? It seems the ticket number 8264 (if they increment) is about 1300 tickets behind the newest ones being given out (9500's for newer issues), so it may be a previously known issue?

This memory leak is a serious issue for my team's application (which makes heavy use of grids), and any mitigation techniques or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

I'm afraid I don't have any advice for mitigation at this point. It is an open issue and being actively worked on, though, I can assure you.

Sorry for the pain it's causing you guys. We've confirmed the issue, but the issue itself is still being root-caused.

Thanks for your patience!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jchau is an unknown quantity at this point

any updates on this issue?

Thread Participants: 2