Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lieuweprins is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Odd: record.set causes unwanted redraw of every list item.

Unanswered: Odd: record.set causes unwanted redraw of every list item.

I have a dataview, linked to a store. the dataview has an itemTpl which uses one of the fields of the model to give each element a background image.

When I use record.set on the name field of one record, the element in the dataview nicely updates; it alters the name in the template of that single item.

Now, I decided to use a List rather than a dataview, because I wanted groups, and because of some interesting features such as "infinite" and "useSimpleItems" I wanted to try out for performance reasons. I assumed not much would change, but alas.

For some reason, a simple record.set("someunrelatedfield", "kittens") on one record of my store forces the template of every item in the list to redraw. I have a function with a console.log in my template. Doing a simple record.set causes 300 console.logs, one for each row in my list. Now, this is a problem, because this causes 300 image requests each time. And it looks silly. And it is almost always unnecesary, except for the one item to which the record.set applies... :U

My itemTpl:

HTML Code:
    <div id="ss-item-{ProductPk}" style="background-image:url('http://someserver/resource/{ProductPk}');">{ProductName}</div>
    My code to create a store and fill it:

Code:

Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
        model: 'MyApp.model.OrderModel',
        storeId: "SelfServiceStore"
    });

var newstore=Ext.getStore("SelfServiceStore");

Ext.getStore("ProductsStore").each(function(record){
        newstore.add({ "Price" : record.get("Price"), "ProductNumber" : record.get("ProductNumber"), "ProductName" : record.get("ProductName"), "GroupName" : record.get("GroupName"), "ProductPk" : record.get("Pk"), "NumberOfProducts" : 0});
    });

this.getMyAwesomeList().setStore(newstore);
    The code that triggers an entire list redraw every time I run it:

Code:

var record = Ext.getStore("SelfServiceStore").getAt(Ext.getStore("SelfServiceStore").find("ProductPk", 225));
    record.set("NumberOfProducts",record.get("NumberOfProducts") + 1);
    Am I doing something wrong? Is this intended behaviour? I would assume not, because the dataview seems to handle updating a single record by updating only the template of the related dataview item in question.

I searched around for a whole day, but wasn't able to find anyone with list refresh issues with unwanted refreshes, so I figure my best bet is to ask.

I'm using sencha touch 2.2.0.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lieuweprins is on a distinguished road

I semi solved this as follows:

On my store , I would run this:
    Ext.getStore("SelfServiceStore").suspendEvents(false);
    so that my list no longer got updated automatically. Had to do it manually instead. And then I ran into other problems, but I figured the "solution" might help someone.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    Diego Garcia is on a distinguished road

Any clue on this?? I'm having the same issue.
    This does't make any sense at all.

Thread Participants: 1