Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    chrigil is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Error evaluating app.js in Android Chrome

Unanswered: Error evaluating app.js in Android Chrome

Does anybody know of any reason why I should be experiencing problems with Chrome on Android when attempting to load and eval() my app.js?

I've tracked the error back to the following code in the microloader where it appears to be attempting to eval() the code into memory on line 153:

code.jpg

The exact error I get is Error evaluating https://www.example.com/m/app.js with message: TypeError: Cannot call method 'addListener' of undefined.

This is only happening on Chrome but it is consistently happening.

Thanks

Chris

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Is there a build issue? Does it happen in other instances of Chrome or mobile safari?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

No build issues at all, at least nothing in the Terminal window that would suggest an issue.

If I clear the cache and visit the site for the first time, the site loads fine in Google Chrome desktop, iPad Google Chrome, Safari Desktop, iPad Safari, iPhone Safari & Android stock browser.

I get the following error on Google Chrome on Android (Galaxy S3).

code2.jpg

In all of the above browsers, when a new version is put live, the "Application Update" onUpdated funciton IS called but the app never reloads after tapping Ok.

In Safari on the iPad I get the following error message after pressing Ok to the update:

code3.jpg

Any ideas as this is driving mad!

Thanks

Chris

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

This seems to be an issue with Delta Updates. If I set "update": "full" for app.js it appears to upgrade successfully but if I change that value to "update": "delta" I get various different errors depending on what code I have recently changed.

This issue appears to have been raised here http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-break-the-app and yet gone unanswered.

Any ideas?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by chrigil View Post
    Any ideas?
    I guess not then!

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Does the app break in "testing" mode?

Answers
    Vote Rating

Your code has to be broken, else, you would not get these errors.

Thread Participants: 1