Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jdkida is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: GWTP and GXT Tabs?

Unanswered: GWTP and GXT Tabs?

Does anyone have a sample of how to accomplish this? I would like to have a seperate presenter for each GXT tab. I found a post about this, but there was no clear example or answer.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

While link to this example isn't using the GXT tabs widget the same concepts can be used for GXT TabPanel to do the same thing.

https://github.com/ArcBees/GWTP-Samp.../HomeView.java - There are several different ways this project configuration using tabs. This might take a little digesting to see what all the parts are doing but shows a few different ways to put together tabs.

The parent presenter, in its view would be the tab panel. And then I would make a presenter widget for each tab, which each would have a slot name assigned in the parent presenter, and the parent presenter would then add them through the parent presenter's view setInSlot(...), into the GXT TabPanel. Depending on if the tabs are dynamic are not, it could go several ways.

If this doesn't give enough information on how to use the Parent Presenter to manage the tab child presenter widgets, let me know I can elaborate further. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Hope that helps,
    Brandon

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jdkida is on a distinguished road

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for you reply, and thankyou so much for all your contribution to the gwt-platform framework. I really love it.

Your suggestions were actually exactly what I attempted to do myself before asking for help. The problem I came across was getting the placemanager to change as i switch links. Without any extra code what happens is the only tabs that work are the default place or if you specify a #place that tab will also work. So this is why I believe using GWTP Tab Presenters are needed, just before giving up on the search i checked github for GWTP GXT examples and found the following sample.. take a look at this, if you approve i think this would be great to add into the GXT sample project for GWTP.

https://github.com/lmignon/GWTP-GXT3-SAMPLES

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

Cool. You're welcome. It's been fun to play with the GWTP contributors.

The example looks pretty cool. I haven't had time to try it out yet. In the mean time I'm curious if you could provide a screen shot so I could see how it pans out rendered with GXT. I would suggest sharing your sample through an issue here > https://github.com/ArcBees/GWTP-Samples, and see what the team thinks. The thing about adding more samples is GWTP has to maintain them too, so maybe we could do a link for sure. That could make a good archetype. At anyrate, I've logged to come back to look at the source more later.

Thanks for sharing!
    Brandon

Thread Participants: 1