Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ccrosetti is on a distinguished road

Default api vs url in proxy configuration

api vs url in proxy configuration

Very little is documented about an Ajax proxy URl and API, I have seen things lie

api: { read: view/view/action }

thatetlls me to read the full URL will be constructed bhind the scenes as http://host/view/view.action, and nothing is said about:

- how to specify a hstname by IB in the same subnet
    - how to set a port, diferent that the one the home page with the script was loaded
    - if SSL is supported in the backend or not
    - how to set a timeout
    - how the timeout listener is coded
    - what is the listener for a bad url or non existing url
    - how to ttrace the proxy I/O

I would appreciate any reference to a good doc, wiki or blog, thanks, Carlos

Vote Rating
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

Have you looked at the docs? http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.0/#!/api/Ext.data.proxy.Ajax

T
    he api is really just a convenience configuration for telling ExtJS what URL convention you'd like ExtJS to use when making proxy requests.

But as far as the actual configuration of the URL, that's up to you. Since ExtJS is ultimately JS, it's going to assume that the context of the app is where requests should take place. So if you want to specify ports, SSL, etc., you can certainly do that by adding it to the URL that you want your proxy to use for Ajax requests.

RE: listeners, look at the docs. For example, there is an exception event that your application can use to handle exception events from the server, including timeouts.

Thread Participants: 1