Hybrid View

Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-2998 in 3.0.5.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    smartin is on a distinguished road

Question ListVIew drag and drop on itself - preview issue

ListVIew drag and drop on itself - preview issue

Hi,

I created a listView and added support for drag and drop so users could rearrange the items of the list the way they want.
    The problem is that when I select an item from the list and start to drag it the visual preview/feedback keeps jumping to the end of the list making it difficult for the user to drop the list item in the desired position. Is anyone aware of this or I'm actually missing something here? Here is my code:

ListViewDragSource<OperationsListModel> source = new ListViewDragSource<OperationsListModel>(operationsListView);
    source.setGroup("operations");

ListViewDropTarget<OperationsListModel> target1 = new ListViewDropTarget<OperationsListModel>(operationsListView);
    target1.setAllowSelfAsSource(true);
    target1.setFeedback(Feedback.INSERT);
    target1.setGroup("operations");

Please advise.

Thanks

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the report - gathering a little more info before I file:

I can reproduce something like this at http://staging.sencha.com:8080/examp...ace:listtolist by using the second panel to drag from the left to the right. In some cases, the insert doesn't show up, and the listview gets scrollbars for no apparent reason, though the item still seems to be inserted at the correct location based on the mouse position. Is this what you are referring to?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yes, this is what's happening. The way it manifests seems to be the same, though in my case I'm using a single list, so the source and target for the drag and drop operation is the same (list).

Thanks for looking into this and I'm hoping for a fix in the next release

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the clarification - this helps make it clear that the issue isn't related to have the same source as target, and lets us narrow down where to start looking.

I've raised this internally, and we will update this thread when we have a workaround or a fix to share.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

This has been fixed for 3.0.5 and the fix is in the latest SVN source.

Brandon

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Thumbs up

10x!