Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Miggins will become famous soon enough

Question SASS Example Folder Purpose

SASS Example Folder Purpose

When I generate an app using Sencha Cmd, I'm seeing an 'example' folder placed under the 'sass' folder.

I also notice that references/properties referring to this folder are scattered throughout the build & property files.

When I build the application I get an [appname]-example.css which seems superfluous to the application.

Can I ask exactly what is the purpose of this folder and its contents and if not needed, is there a way to exclude it from the build?

Thanks in advance.

M

Vote Rating
    existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice existdissolve is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Miggins View Post
    When I generate an app using Sencha Cmd, I'm seeing an 'example' folder placed under the 'sass' folder.

I also notice that references/properties referring to this folder are scattered throughout the build & property files.

When I build the application I get an [appname]-example.css which seems superfluous to the application.

Can I ask exactly what is the purpose of this folder and its contents and if not needed, is there a way to exclude it from the build?

Thanks in advance.

M
    From what I understand, when you build the package, the example folder gets copied to the build folder, where the image slicer creates a screenshot of the rendered theme.html file, and then slices any relevant rounded borders, gradients, etc. for use in older browsers (e.g., < IE9).

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

To reduce noise and toe-tapping time, try adding this to ./sencha/app/sencha.cfg:

Code:
    skip.sass=true
    skip.slice=true
    skip.theme=true
    I believe the example output is used to display every component on a single page, which is a great help when developing a theme.

It does not seem to be as pretty or comprehensive as the prior theme tester.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Miggins will become famous soon enough

Cheers guys - starting to make a bit more sense now.

M

Thread Participants: 2