Ext JS Premium Member breckster's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    breckster is on a distinguished road

Default Ext.TabPanel beforetabchange event

Ext.TabPanel beforetabchange event

I need to perform a Ajax call during this event in order to validate data. I need a way of delaying while the results of the ajax request are returned. So if needed I can return false thus maintaining the focus on the current tab. I have tried suspend and resume without much luck. I'm not looking for code just ideas.
    -->

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough willigogs is a jewel in the rough

One possibility:

Use a flag (such as valid=false). If flag = false, return false to cancel tab change and perform your Ajax call. On success set the flag to true, and fire the method to change your tab again (flag is now true, therefore Ajax call will not be performed, and the tab will successfully change). Finally, reset your flag back to false
    -->

Ext JS Premium Member breckster's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    breckster is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by willigogs View Post
    One possibility:

Use a flag (such as valid=false). If flag = false, return false to cancel tab change and perform your Ajax call. On success set the flag to true, and fire the method to change your tab again (flag is now true, therefore Ajax call will not be performed, and the tab will successfully change). Finally, reset your flag back to false
    Thanks for the idea ... but I have multiple Ajax calls .. and sequencing them became a pain.
    I decided to use async: false

Thanks for the reply.
    -->

Thread Participants: 1