Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    johnjaylward is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Sencha Commans 3.1.0.256 Issues

Sencha Commans 3.1.0.256 Issues

I started writing my ExtJS 4.1.3 and Sencha Touch 2.1.2 apps by hand not using any of the tools, but laid them out in the MVC patterns. I decided I wanted to minimize my touch code (and the desktop code while I was at it) to reduce download time for my users.

I was mostly able to get it to work but has a few issues I thought were a pain when using the 'sencha compile' command:

Both Touch and ExtJS:
    1. views : ['SomeView']
      Would not get pulled in in the correct order when defined in the Controller. I had to add them to the requires: ['SomeView'] to have the views concatenated before the controller.
    Just ExtJs:
    1. My model definitions needed me to "require" both the "proxy" and the "associations" I was using. I didn't need to require those when using the Ext.Loader and it worked fine with the sencha touch application.
    Just Touch:
    1. I had to manually include the log namespace
      Ext.application({
      requires : [ 'Ext.MessageBox', 'Ext.log.*' ]
      //... etc.
      });
      if I did not include that, I'd get errors in my console when loading the app that Ext.log.Logger didn't exist. Just including the Logger class didn't help, I had to include the entire namespace.
    2. I had an issue with the english language file src/locale/ext-lang-en.js.
      at line: Date.parseCodes.S.s = '(?t|nd|rd|th)';
      I'd get an error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'S' of undefined
      apparently Date.parseCodes doesn't exist yet when sencha command compiles the Ext libraries. I tried manually including the Ext.DateExtras, but that didn't help and caused issues when using Ext.Loader. I didn't have any issues when I enabled Ext.Loader and use the non-concatenated files.
    I was able to work around the first 3 issues, but the last one with the Date.parseCodes gives me issues no matter what I did. It doesn't seem to prevent my app from working, but it bothers me that sencha command isn't doing what it should when compiling a sencha touch app.

EDIT:
    I updated my sencha command to 3.1.1.274 and the Date.parseCodes error still pops up. I didn't test the other problems as I already have work arounds in place for them.
    Last edited by johnjaylward; 2 Aug 2013 at 7:24 AM. Reason: fixes typos

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    davide.cecconi is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have the same issue. Have you find a solution?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    johnjaylward is on a distinguished road

no, so far I haven't noticed any problems with the actual application. it's mostly just an annoyance for me.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hitman01 is on a distinguished road

Same problem with Sencha Cmd v3.1.2.342.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    hitman01 is on a distinguished road

Also, I noticed that when I compile, its including all files not just dependencies.

Here is the command that I'm using.

sencha compile -classpath=ext/sencha-touch-2.2.1/src,mobile,app.js concat mobile/build/app-all.js

Thread Participants: 2