Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

Default Unanswered: How to attach a filter to a store in 4.0.5?

Unanswered: How to attach a filter to a store in 4.0.5?

I'm in 4.0.5. I just want to define a filter on a store so that when it loads its data from the API, it only includes a subset of items. The store is set to autoLoad. I see methods on Store for adding filters, but I need to filter to be on the store so that it gets applied when it loads. I'm also using MVC architecture.

Edit:
    My store is bound to a combobox. In the constructor, I install a filterBy function, and it appears to be getting called, but still the items showing up in the combobox are showing all the items, not just the filtered ones.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

You might look at the Filtering and Sorting sub-section at the top of the API docs for Ext.data.Store.
    http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.0.5/#...Ext.data.Store

Or, if that's not working well for you can you post a snippet of your code of how you're doing it today?

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

I've consulted all the docs - the forum is always my last stop. I wound up having to do something like this:
    Code:
                reader: {
                    type: 'json',
                    // Filtering on the store did not work, so filtering directly on the read.
                    getData: function(data) {
                        var
                            newdata = [],
                            record
                        ;

// Filter the data
                        while (data.length) {
                            record = data.shift();
                            if (_match[record.id]) {
                                newdata.push(record);
                            }
                        }