Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for a bug in our system in a recent build.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LEWJO10@ca.com is on a distinguished road

Default (GXT 3.0.4 GA) GridRowEditing setMessages for Save / Cancel Buttons Issues

(GXT 3.0.4 GA) GridRowEditing setMessages for Save / Cancel Buttons Issues

Version of Ext GWT
    This problem occurs in the recently released GA version of GXT (Ext GWT) 3.0.4.

Browser Versions
    Internet Explorer 8 / Firefox ESR 10.0.3

Operating System
    Windows 7 64 bit

Hardware
    Dell Precision M4500
    8 CPUs – Intel Core i7
    8 GB Memory

Virtual Machine
    No

Description
    When using the GridRowEditing setMessages method to set custom or localized messages for the Save and Cancel buttons on the row editor, the buttons wind up being cutoff when rendered when the message text is more than 7 or so characters.

The attached screen shot shows an example of the problem.

Run Mode
    Occurs in when deployed to Tomcat (web mode), and when running under Eclipse (dev mode).

Steps to Reproduce
    The attached file (RowEditingGridExample.txt) can be used to demonstrate the problem. I made changes to it to use custom messages for the Save and Cancel buttons on the row editor.

Replace the same class in the Explorer demo application, launch and you will see the problems as documented in the attached screen shot.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong in the code in the attached file or if there is a work around.

Thanks,
    John L
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the report - I've linked this to the existing issue EXTGWT-2837, and will update the thread when we have a fix.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    branflake2267 will become famous soon enough

The bug is now fixed and will go out in our next release. Alternatively, you can build from SVN or grab a nightly build at https://support.sencha.com/index.php#nightlies.

Brandon

Thread Participants: 2