Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Greg Arnott is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha 2.2.2:971 Uncaught null getDisplayName - points to framework as problem

Sencha 2.2.2:971 Uncaught null getDisplayName - points to framework as problem

Attachment 43555

Architect: 2.2.2:971
    Project: ST2.1

Problem:
    Forced upgrade on load of Architect.
    Download + install.
    Reopen.
    Project must be upgraded > pop-up in screen capture above the result.
    Log: "Unable to Export Project".

Reproduction:
    Probable, if I checkout the SA2.2.1 files from repo.
    Unfortunately I went through this process before my first coffee, and I've changes not checked in.
    I'll run a diff and some other checks - will post anything relevant to assist bug fixes.

Result Expected:
    Architect working better than before and ability to purely focus on this Sencha project with higher productivity.

Result Instead:
    Will have to comb my code for missing objects / components and other assorted goodies before being able to continue project, while pondering implications on sprint deadlines, once again by a beta quality licensed product.

Possible Fix:
    Cancel by any means any suggested upgrade until the Sencha Users Beta Testing Live Expansions goes through a couple weeks of bug fixes. It's too expensive to use the product otherwise.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Greg Arnott is on a distinguished road

Result of Upgrade - by git diff output:

110.instances of "designer|userClassName" removed.
    2.....instances of "designer|userClassName" added.

Supposed rule of thumb:

userClassName ? remove : add;

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Arnott View Post
    Result of Upgrade - by git diff output:

110.instances of "designer|userClassName" removed.
    2.....instances of "designer|userClassName" added.

Supposed rule of thumb:

userClassName ? remove : add;
    I suspect this is correct. Two changes in the project format between the prior version.
    • Child level components never should have had designer|userClassName stored. These have been removed.
    • Top level components that are resources were previously not storing their designer|userClassName. This was a bug and triggered resources to be lost at times if the auto calculated user class name didn't match
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We'd be glad to take a look at your project if you could send it to us privately at architect.feedback at sencha.com and provide a link to this thread.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Any chance at getting a copy of your project? We'd like to get this fixed and have been unable to reproduce.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 1