Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

Default A few questions about Sencha Cmd 3.1.1.274

A few questions about Sencha Cmd 3.1.1.274

These questions are about Sencha Cmd 3.1.1.274, with a Sencha Touch 2.1.1 project. I just upgraded it from Sencha Cmd 3.0.1.283, and ran "sencha app upgrade /path/to/touch-2.1.1".

1: I've installed Sencha Cmd in a central location, for all our developers to use. But during the build process, I see the following:

Code:
         [exec] [INF] Compiling app.js and dependencies
         [exec] [INF] Saving certificate as /path/to/Sencha/Cmd/repo/pkgs/cert.json
         [exec] [INF] Saving private key as /path/to/Sencha/Cmd/repo/.sencha/repo/private-key.json
    It seems to be updating some files in the Sencha Cmd directory when I build. Does this mean that it's a bad idea to share a single copy of Cmd among multiple users?

2: Due to firewall restrictions, we can't access the Internet from this server. So the next line reports an error:

Code:
         [exec] [ERR] Failed to download remote catalog : Error downloading http://cdn.sencha.com/cmd/packages/catalog.json
    Is there a way to skip this step, so it doesn't hang while it tries to download the file?

3: app.json has an "archivePath" setting. Is it possible to override this using an ant property, or an argument to Sencha Cmd? All the other path settings seem to have been replaced with properties.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Will try to answer some of these questions for you...

1) The couple lines you posted are just for the package feature of Cmd. We distribute a public key to authenticate the package when downloading them. Curious that it's messing with the repo directory though.

2) This functionality is baked into Cmd and there isn't any property to simply turn this off. In theory, if you checked in the packages that is required and such it shouldn't try to download the catalog of packages. That being said, you can try to turn off the package system via this command:

Code:
    sencha pacakge repo remove sencha
    however doing this will mean that you won't ever have access to the remote package functionality anymore.

3) There isn't any configuration to change the app.json file settings. You would have to use build.xml to hook into the build to change the file using ant.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

Hi Mitchell,

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    1) The couple lines you posted are just for the package feature of Cmd. We distribute a public key to authenticate the package when downloading them. Curious that it's messing with the repo directory though.
    Actually, those lines are executing when I do a production build, although maybe it's just laying the groundwork for package builds. In any case, it only seems to happen the first time I build. When I run it again, it skips those lines. Here's what I'm running:

Code:
    /path/to/3.0.1.283/sencha config -prop workspace.build.dir=/path/to/build then app build production
    But as far as you know, it should be safe to share a single installation of Cmd among multiple users and/or apps, right?

2) This functionality is baked into Cmd and there isn't any property to simply turn this off. In theory, if you checked in the packages that is required and such it shouldn't try to download the catalog of packages. That being said, you can try to turn off the package system via this command:

Code:
    sencha pacakge repo remove sencha
    however doing this will mean that you won't ever have access to the remote package functionality anymore.
    This also seems to be skipped in subsequent builds. I guess it's not hurting me, since I don't think Sencha Touch supports packages. If it fails, the only difference is that it leaves a Cmd/repo/.sencha/repo/remotes/sencha/catalog.json containing:

Code:
    {
      "format": "1",
      "packages": []
    }
    3) There isn't any configuration to change the app.json file settings. You would have to use build.xml to hook into the build to change the file using ant.
    OK. It would be nice if this were moved to a Sencha Cmd property, like the build paths. I'm not sure what kind of properties are meant to be in app.json vs Cmd, though.

Thread Participants: 1