Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeffshaver is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Ext.global is rereferencing itself

Unanswered: Ext.global is rereferencing itself

In our webapp, we are using Ext JS and Ozone Widget Framework (OWF). During some testing, I inspected the window object and was looking through the Ext object. I noticed that there was Ext.global. What is confusing me and what I believe may be causing some memory leaks is the fact that Ext.global constantly re-references the Ext object:

Ext
    Ext.global
    Ext
    Ext.global

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a way to stop this? I can't imagine this being an issue with Ext JS by itself, but thought it may be the combination of using OWF and Ext JS together?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Ext.global is just the window object. I believe it exists to allow some parts of ExtJS to run in non-browser environments when 'window' is not the global object.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks for the reply. But is the global object re-referencing the Ext object over and over a problem?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I can't think of any reason why such a simple circular reference would be a problem. Do you have any reason to believe otherwise?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Just trying to find why our application has memory leaks. They seem to be pretty severe. Looking in the task manager, one load can cause firefox to jump up 50,000 K in memory usage. I am trying to narrow it down to see if it is our code, Ext JS or OWF. At this point, it seems to be leaning toward OWF.

Thread Participants: 1