Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

Default Unanswered: Lost features with switch to icon fonts

Unanswered: Lost features with switch to icon fonts

With the switch in ST2.2 from icon images to fonts, is there any way to have:
    • transparency? In 2.1 you could use an image like this Transparency-tile.png, with some transparent parts. Is it possible to do this with fonts?
    • gradient colors? In 2.1 the examples used gradients, but now they're all flat.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Transparency is easy. A font is really just a transparent background with what you want to be part of the font be black is probably the best way to think about it. So the text you are reading here, the black is the font, the white background is transparent so if you made the <div> containing text have background color as red, everywhere the red is is a transparency in the font. If you use iconCls : 'home' the windows are a transparent section where the black just wasn't put.

Gradient I haven't tried. Doing a quick google search there are some work arounds if the CSS color rule doesn't accepts gradient... I've personally never tried.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    jweber will become famous soon enough

Thanks. Actually I meant to say opacity, or partial transparency. For example, in the image I linked to, two of the squares are partially transparent, so you can see some of the background behind them.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I see... that may have been lost
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1