Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    benomatic42 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: proxy parameters - dynamic at startup, and dynamic from user

Unanswered: proxy parameters - dynamic at startup, and dynamic from user

I am in the early stages of an app that will be, I think, fairly straightforward representation and occasional update of an existing, unmodifiable RESTful JSON database. I am struggling with a couple things, at this moment most noticeably the store proxy, and a couple of dynamic parameters that are needed.

First, the basic code:
    Code:
    Ext.define('TouchMill.store.Tournaments', {
        extend: 'Ext.data.Store',
        config: {
            model: 'TouchMill.model.Tournament',
            autoLoad: false,

proxy: {
                type: 'ajax',
                //url: 'test/data/tournaments.json',      // will change once dynamic
                url: 'https://api.leaguevine.com/v1/tournaments/',

reader: { type: 'json', rootProperty: 'objects', },

extraParams: {
                    access_token: 'TOKEN',
                    tournament_ids: '[18091,18093,18094]',  // XXX need to put this into a config opt
                },
            }

}
    });
    In this case, I need to dynamically modify 2 things.
    • config.proxy.url: the particular html file that's loaded sets a global variable, based on which I choose the URL
    • config.proxy.extraParams.access_token: that comes from the login step (or localStorage, if already logged in), meaning that the app is already launched
    So, how do I correctly, from another file (app.js, or controller.Main) update these? And secondly, how do I defer loading until the right time? Setting autoload: false merely gave me a blank page instead of actually loading when I wanted.

And the update question could be more specific -- it boils down to this: where can I learn how to access and update things from other locations? Is there something documenting how to access app elements from other scopes?

Thanks!

ben

PS - tips on where in tutorials/vids/docs to find this would be awesome. I've watched several, looked at a few examples, and not found it so far...
    Last edited by benomatic42; 12 May 2013 at 6:58 AM. Reason: PS

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Is this store created through the stores config in Ext.application? Also, how are you getting the info for the url and extraParams?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    benomatic42 is on a distinguished road

The store is created thusly:

Code:
    Ext.application({
        name: 'TouchMill',

models: [ 'Event', 'Tournament', ], //'TournamentTeam' ],
        views: [ 'Main', 'Events', 'Tournaments', 'Games', 'GameView', 'DevConfig', ],
        controllers: [ 'Main', ],
        stores: [ 'Events', 'Tournaments', ],
    });
    The URL info is statically defined, but depends on which html file is loaded. (ie, the html has a single global variable defined in the javascript, and I switch based on that.)

The other extraParam comes via the login redirect and gets stored in localStorage.

Thanks,

ben

Thread Participants: 1