Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andong is on a distinguished road

Default [4.2.1 744] fieldCls not work while field is empty

[4.2.1 744] fieldCls not work while field is empty

I added a fieldCls property for a textfield to display a small icon on its left side in a logon page, but the field will repeat the icon in whole field while I clear the textfield's text, when I input a word it works fine and only display one icon on its left side.

css:
    Code:
    .userName
    {
        background-image: url(image/login-user.png) !important;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;   
        background-position: left;
    }
    I debuged and I have found that ext matched the css named 'input.x-form-invalid-field, textarea.x-form-invalid-field' instead of my customed css 'userName' when the field's text was cleared, I think this is the key issue.
    Last edited by andong; 12 May 2013 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Added version

Vote Rating
    slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of slemmon has much to be proud of

You'll need to put !important after the background repeat / position rules if you want them to supersede rules from the default ExtJS CSS.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Phil Guerrant's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice Phil Guerrant is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    You'll need to put !important after the background repeat / position rules if you want them to supersede rules from the default ExtJS CSS.
    Or just increase their specificity

Code:
    .x-field input.userName { ... }
    Phil Guerrant
    Ext JS - Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    andong is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by slemmon View Post
    Thanks, It works fine.

Thread Participants: 2