Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ctp is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Sorting grid: how to skip empty fields

Unanswered: Sorting grid: how to skip empty fields

Hi folks,

I have a grid with few columns i wanna sort on. There's a column e.g. called 'Users country' where the value can be NULL and the field remains empty. The live grid manages dozens of thousands of rows which is fine but the ascending sorting on this column shows me all the rows where the country is NULL at first and somewhere later there appears the first row with AD (Andorra), AE (UAE) etc. The problem is to find this first row in a large grid.

So the question is: is there a way to skip rows where the current sort field is NULL and simple jump to the first row where it isn't?

Thanks for help in advance,
    Chris
    Cheerio,

Chris

Answers
    Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Set the sortType on the field:

Code:
    {
        name: 'country',
        sortType: function(v){
            if (Ext.isEmpty(v) {
                // higher ascii value than alpha chars
                return '~';
            }
            // Sort case in dependent.
            return v.toLowerCase();
        }
    }
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ctp is on a distinguished road

Thanks Evan,

thanks for the prompt reply. Now another problem arises: I'm using Sencha Architect for the project. There's just a dropdown menu in 'sortType' (asDate, asFlow, asText etc.). No way to define a custom sortType It seems to fit exactly into http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-a-field-in-SA. Any ideas?

And it seems it's not possible to override just one field in Sencha Architect, right?
    Cheerio,

Chris

Thread Participants: 1