Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    omartariq is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How to use scrollable Div

Unanswered: How to use scrollable Div

Hi Guys,

I am new to sencha touch and am having problem with adding scrollable div. I am currently developing a mapping application for mobile in sencha touch 2.0.1 with open-layers.
    I have different annotations on a map, when the user clicks on an annotation a speech bubble is shown with some text ( Please see attached image) . The content of the speech bubble may very from 50 characters to 1000 characters therefore I want to add a vertically scrollbar if the content is too long.

How do I do that ? Suppose I have the following div :
    var speechBubble = '<div id="SpeechBubble">bla bla bla</div>'

Should I use a div or switch to a panel. If I use a panel how do I use it. The following doesn't work :
    var speechBubble = '<div id="SpeechBubble">'+new Ext.Panel({height: 100, scroll: 'vertical', layout: {type: 'fit', align: 'stretch'}, html: _SomeHtml}+'</div>'

Please note that the app will be a native app and will wrapped with phonegap 2.5.

Thankyou

2013-05-21_1315.png

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Sencha Touch uses it's own scroller not the device's so if a <div> is scrollable it won't scroll as you would expect. You would need to use a container and make it scrollable.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1