Vote Rating
    Mike Amberg is on a distinguished road

Question Notes Server Login - How to redirect to Ext.Nd Login

Notes Server Login - How to redirect to Ext.Nd Login

Is it possible to intercept the standard Notes Server Login form and display an Ext.nd Server login form? Currently when I right-click on a view to edit a document the Standard Server Login form is displayed. I would like to present an Ext.nd style of form.

Environment:
    Ext Version: Ext.nd 2.01 Beta
    Notes Server: Release 6.5.5FP2 on Windows NT 5.2
    Last edited by Mike Amberg; 15 Feb 2008 at 5:29 AM. Reason: Fix spelling mistake

Vote Rating
    mdm-adph is on a distinguished road

(This may be a silly question, but I just need to know...)

Why's the login form coming up? Are you viewing the view with a different login that you'd use if you edit a doc?

Vote Rating
    Mike Amberg is on a distinguished road

The database has maximum internet access set to "editor", the form has an author field, restricting who can edit the document (in this case users with the role "admin").

Anyone can view the documents (its our companies global addressbook of our offices and partners) but only specified individuals will be allowed to edit selected documents.

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

When we merged Domino YUI (Rich), Domino Web Tools (me), and DExt (Jake Howlett), there was a 'login' method that Jake had that when called would open a modal dialog asking for your username and password to log you in. We never converted that to work with our Ext 2.x version so I'll look into what it would take to do so and see if we can get it in an upcoming release (maybe the next beta if it isn't too difficult)

~Jack R.

Vote Rating

Well, I don't know the accepted solution in Ext.nd is, but my awful hack for this situation is to:

1) Run an ajax request for the document you're trying to load in edit mode (with the whole ?EditDocument business on the end).

2) Test the responseText to see if it's the default login page (just search for action="/names.nsf?Login" ).

3) If it is the default login page, present your pretty Ext one, fire away a request at "/names.nsf?Login" to get the server authorization, and then try and load the original requested document again.

Seriously, though -- don't do this.

Vote Rating
    galdaka is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I
    Attached Images

Vote Rating

Hey, doesn't look bad -- I was lazy though, so I just tacked mine on to the "requestcomplete" handler of the global Ext.Ajax object. :P

Ext User
    Vote Rating
    wcdulanyjr is on a distinguished road

So how is it coming along? Are you still at 85 percent?