Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gwallace is on a distinguished road

Default Updating many labels' texts affecting layout from 4.1 to 4.2

Updating many labels' texts affecting layout from 4.1 to 4.2

I am trying to upgrade from 4.1.0 to 4.2.0. We have a component that displays counts of occurrences of values in columns in grids and is tied to filtering. After filtering, there are loops through all the labels changing all the texts. In 4.2, the updateLayout call from each label.setText() are taking about 100ms each, whereas in 4.1 it takes < 1ms.

Is there a good way to aggregate all of these updateLayouts into one or two calls instead of having to call it every time I call label.setText?

Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

What if you wrap the loop with Ext.suspendLayouts() > Ext.resumeLayouts(true) ?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gwallace is on a distinguished road

Default Seems to work, but...

Seems to work, but...

What is so different under the hood that calling a layout takes a non-trivial amount of time?

I'll have to look into this a bit more to see if there are any other side-effects. Thanks for the tip.

Thread Participants: 1