Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Pete_C is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: rabbitMQ data feed and extjs chart integration

Unanswered: rabbitMQ data feed and extjs chart integration

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking at potentially taking a data stream published via rabbitMQ (python pika, if this is useful) and would like to use extjs to chart the data live. Has anyone any examples or pointers where to look for further documentation or advice ?

Many thanks
    Pete

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I've not seen folks posting on rabbitMQ, but if you can get it delivering JSON datasets you should be all set with ExtJS charts.
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

C
    heck out all of the 2013 SenchaCon presentations here:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/senchacon...now-available/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Many thanks for your reply. After reading more I suspect that you're absolutely correct. I can grab the feed, create a dictionary from the contents and turn it into a jason file for graphing.

I'm initially looking at something fairly simple, charting quota usage. Clearly this would be good to trend with time and I'm having a play with this now. Is there a way of appending fresh data to an existing chart (a la rrdtool), if so I suspect I can figure the time scales according to taste.

Apologies for the simplistic approach, first time out with extjs, and thanks again for the rapid response. Much appreciated.
    Pete

Answers
    Vote Rating
    slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold slemmon is a splendid one to behold

I believe the method you'll want to use is on the chart's store: loadData(). The first param is the data you want to pass to the store (following the fields set up either on the store or its model) and the second, optional, param is whether you want to append the data to the store's existing recordset or not (-vs- overriding the data in the store).
    Are you a Sencha products veteran who has wondered what it might be like to work at Sencha? If so, please reach out to our recruiting manager: sheryl@sencha.com

C
    heck out all of the 2013 SenchaCon presentations here:
    http://www.sencha.com/blog/senchacon...now-available/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Slemmon,

Once again many thanks for answering a beginners question, it's much appreciated. I think I've get a rough template up and doing the right thing(tm).

Pete

Thread Participants: 1