Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    karenina is on a distinguished road

Default GXT focus problem

GXT focus problem

Open http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...e:formsexample in IE
    Type something in text area. Then click on Combobox text field, type something, for example 08:
    As result - no dropdown will be shown. Click on combo again, type clear it and type the same - it works.

The same problem we have - 2 text areas, value of second text area is not saved - because even if you type it, it component is not in focus.

Anybody knows workaround?

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure I understand the bug. Here are the steps again as I understand it:

* Visit http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...e:formsexample in IE (I used IE8 on Win7, does that matter?)
    * Click on the TextArea labeled Description
    * Enter "test text"
    * Click in the input area of the TimeField labeled Time
    * Observe that there is content in the Description field, and that the error icon appears, as the blur finished and the value failed validation (too short)
    * Enter "08:"

At this point I am confused - no dropdown appears in any browser - this is because the TimeField doesn't generate the possible options until the user has already expanded it once. This can be quite expensive depending on how many values you ask it to load, and if there are several time fields on the page, it can be a big problem.

Try your steps again, but this time *start* by clicking on the Time dropdown arrow - I think you'll find it works as expected?

Each component has a blue outline when it is focused - are you seeing a cursor in a field while it does not have the blue outline?

To continue with this, can you follow the bug template and provide a runnable test case where you are seeing this issue, as well as specifics about the browser you are using? For the moment, I am marking this as not enough info, as I don't have enough to go on, but I'll be happy to change this if we get a reproducible test case.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I use ie10, win7

The problem is in following:
    -type something in text area
    -Select control where you can type(I selected text field), you will see cursor without blue outline on control
    -type correct value:
    1. control is not blue-framed
    2. when you try to get value from such control programmatically, it will be null

As debug shown, second control does not get focus, that is why we have null value, when try to get it programmatically. If I try to set focus programmatically on last clicked control, it gives no result.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, I see it now, seems like it might be specific to newer versions of IE - I see that when I click on the combo after leaving the text area that the focus border doesn't show up, and that other behavior issues are present. I can reproduce it in IE10 on windows 7 at http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...e:formsexample which uses 3.0.1, but I cannot get it on [snip] which is running the latest support release, 3.0.5. I haven't tried other intermediate versions, though I think this was fixed a while ago, since we didn't do any IE10-specific work in 3.0.5.

Can you confirm that you don't get the bug on the 3.0.5 link? Are you using 3.0.1, or a newer version?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I don't get bug on 3.0.5 version. We are using 3.0.1 version now.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    stogiakos is on a distinguished road

Default Related input problem

Related input problem

Hi,

Anyone knows a link to the solution for the following:
    The same text in the field as the field validation (http://www.sencha.com/examples/#Exam...e:formsexample entering 'Enter your name...' in the Name field) is not accepted.

Appreciate it,
    Akos

Thread Participants: 2